Ch-9: Monster Chase

That evening, Sir Ian's ship had pulled up just nearby Blake Castle, and the gang were still feeling restless after what had happened to them earlier out on the Loch.

"Well gang, with the games starting tomorrow, we'd better get some shut eye." Fred says as they now walked back towards the Mystery Machine.

"Yeah. Like, I'd hate to be tired and cranky during the monster's final rampage." Shaggy commented, Maria and Rose snickering at this.

"Hold on a second." Braedey stopped them all. "We can't go to bed yet."

"Braedey is right. There are still too many unanswered questions." Velma agreed, wanting to find out more about what is going on. Just then, everyone could hear the sound of something growling

"Like I've got one. What is that noise?" Daphne asked in fear as they heard the sound.

"It's coming from inside the Mystery Machine." Fred informed, walking up to the back of the van. He got the doors open, only to find Del snoring fast asleep in the back of the van. "Del?"

"What's he doing here?" Braedey wondered in surprise.

"And how did he get into the back of our van?" Rose added in.

"I think he's sleeping on your poncho." Daphne said to Velma.

"That's okay he can keep it." Velma replied, grossed out at Del drooling on her poncho

Del then woke up to see the gang standing there. "Oh. Hey, guys. Sorry, I was down here at the castle. You know, trying to connect with Nessie's energy, and somebody ripped off my van man." He explained to them.

"What? Your van's been stolen?" Sheeva asked in surprise

"From Blake castle?" Shannon asked in shock.

"Like wow. And it seemed like such a good neighbourhood." Shaggy commented, Scooby and Maria nodding in agreement.

"Something doesn't seem right." Scorcher spoke up, cupping his chin in thought.

"Aye. Something doesn't add up to this." Braedey nodded with the Pyromancer. What was going on around the castle?

~*~*~

Later on, the gang were back in the van, and they were now driving along the roads alongside the Loch, with Del included, as they go along. Scorcher, Sheeva, and Maria opted to stay at the castle to keep an eye out for anything, and to watch the games fields in case.

"We've got to solve this mystery tonight, and I know just the person to help us do it." Velma said, then tried to reach Fiona Pembrooke on the radio in the Mystery Machine. "Professor Pembrooke. Come in, professor. Do you read me?" She called, but to no avail.

"Something must be wrong." Braedey said to the others.

"She shouldn't be out on the Loch alone, especially tonight." Shannon said ominously.