Chapter 13

The sound of keys jangling against one another filled the silence. It's been about two hours or so since my  "successful" talk with Nathaniel. He never did like being told what to do hence him creating his own business but nonetheless I wasn't going to be told what to do either.

The door knob jiggled left and right before it flew open to reveal Nathaniel and rose. The smell of caramel popcorn immediately hitting me. I loved caramel popcorn. I eagerly scan over their belonging but to my disappointment there was none in sight, only the smell was present.

Rose's little body stood infront of Jarred with her hands out showing me the stuffed animals they must have won. I had asked Jarred if he could take rose out while I talked thing over with Nathaniel. I'm assuming they went to rose's favorite arcade, Loli's Land, how he got her to leave? No idea. It takes me at least 2 hours and some bribing to even get her out of the arcade area.

"Look Mommy!" Rose squealed with excitement, running towards me with her hands still out. In one hand she held a medium sized pink frog that was wearing a tiara with big red lips that covered the majority of the stuffed animals face. In the other she held 3 bears that were linked together. The one is the middle substantially smaller than the two on the outside.

"This is Princess-," she held up the frog, I let out a small chuckle while jarred let out a scoff and tried to protest against being the frog, arguing that I looked more like it than him,"-and this is me, you, and daddy," she beamed, holding up the three bears. I smiled down at her before going down to her level, "Yes, this is you, me, and daddy-" I smiled and caressed her cheek. "That is us because we love you like those two bears love their little one and we would never let anything bad happen to you."

Rose smiled and hugged me to which I returned. We stayed in this position for a while but I didnt't mind, I enjoyed having her little body in my arms, feeling the small warmth her body emits and hearing her tiny breaths. I hugged her tighter, I never want to let her go.  "Mommy," She let out, squirming in my hold. "Okay, okay," I chucked, "One more." I said hugging her tight once more before letting her go.

"Can we have pizza again?" She asked looking at me with those eyes. I can never say no to her when she looks at me with those eyes. We've had pizza three times this week already, what's once more gonna do. Plus these past few weeks have been pretty stressful and hectic that I haven't had much time to cook or go grocery shopping.

"Yes, my love. Pepperoni?" She nodded her head and smiled showing all her little teeth. "Alright my love, I'll call you when it's here." She nodded once again before running off to who knows where.

"I'll order it," Jarred spoke up, his sudden outburst startling me. He had been quiet this whole time that I forgot he was here. He chucked at me and I glared at him. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number that I'm guessing is the pizza.

At the thought of pizza, my stomach growled. Even though we already ate pizza multiple times, I will never not be happy when we get pizza and the thought of pizza right now is what made me happy.

It was in fact not the pizza but some person named "Erick" to my disappointment. I groaned and my stomach growled louder. I decided to just call the pizza myself while jarred and this "Erick" argued over something.

***
"On three. One. Two-," Was the last thing I heard before being tackled into the ground. "Ouch" I mumbled, rubbing the side of my head that impacted with the ground. I looked up and there stood Jarred and Roses face looking down over me, both having wide sheepish smiles.

"Rose made me," blurted out Jarred seconds later leaving rose staring back at him in utter disbelief. She gasped and stared at him with daggers,"No! it was you!" She huffed, crossing her arms and giving him the eleven look, you know the one el does before she moves things with her mind? Exactly like that, sometimes it's terrifying.

Especially when she comes into my room in the middle of the night and does it just to mess with me. Meanwhile I'm half asleep thinking there's a demon trying to get me.

The sound of someone banging against the door with a firm force grabbed our attention, Jarred and I immediately turned towards each other's direction. I gave him a questionable look, when a second series of firm knocks was heard. "Pizza?" he shrugged. Upon hearing the word pizza, my stomach growled and I let out a sigh. I forgot to order the pizza.

"I forgot," I sighed once more while i got in a sitting position. This time the sound of rose's stomach growling followed to which she rubbed her belly in small circles slowly. I frowned and gave her a small smile, "We'll just go over there instead pea, and we can play in the arcade." She smiled and nodded her head, then ran off, guessing to her room to put shoes on.

Another series of knocks followed except this time with more force than the others. The picture frames that rested along the wall vibrated. A small floral picture frame that laid beside the door tumbled onto the floor, the sound echoing across the semi empty room. Shards of glass of all sizes scattered around the area it made contacted with. I frowned. That was my favorite frame. I'm sorry grandma.

I began to pick up the bigger pieces forgetting all about the person who was knocking. My heart broke even more with each piece of glass and 3d flower i picked up that had once covered the perimeter of the frame. They were lily's and roses, my grandma gave it to me as a present when rose was born. Grandma passed away shortly after her birth, this was the last thing she gave me and it was broken beyond repair.

The sound of someone pounding against the door brought me back to reality. Anger washed over me in seconds. Who keeps banging on my damn door. I swear to god if it's someone selling some stupid chocolates i'm going to lose my shit.

I angrily got up and tossed the pieces of glass that were in my hand into the bin before walking in the direction of the door.  As I reached to twist open the doorknob, the loud knocks against the door filled the silent room once more. I'm going to kill this person.

Annoyed with the persons repeated knocking, i turned the doorknob swiftly and opened the door with full force. "Can I hel-" On the other side of the door stood a tall male in a neatly fitted black suit holding a briefcase in one hand and in the other a piece of paper. He looked to be in his mid 40s with slight wrinkles around his eyes and mouth. His black hair was sleeked back with a couple of white strands making an appearance.

"Ms. Collins?" He raised an eyebrow. He kept a very serious face, holding no emotions whatsoever.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes. This better be important.
He raised up the piece of paper, the name Nathaniel immediately catching my eye.

"You have been served."

****

Sooo whatcha think?

I'm always open to suggestions for this story if you have any-

Goal for this chapter:

30 votes and 20 comments.

Guysss please do comment I read every single one of them. Both good and bad comments are welcomed and if you have any questions don't be afraid to comment.