Chapter 5

"Are you okay?" Jarred asked for the millionth time tonight. I looked towards his direction, he was looking at me ínstensly, like if i was a ticking time bomb about to go off any minute. That was one of the things I loved most about him, the way he cared for me.

"For the millionth time Jarred, I'm fine. You don't gave to worry about me." I responded with a small smile to reassure him. It's for the best. For both of us. He's engaged starting his own family and I need to stop reminiscing about the past and move on with my life.

"Are you sure? Cause I can still go chase after him and beat him up if you want me too." He said as he cracked his knuckles one by one with a serious expression. I chuckled, "I'm sure". For the rest of the night we ate pizza and watched The Princess and the Frog, Rose's favorite movie.

***
The next day..

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up, daddy's here!" said Rose excitedly as she jumped up and down on my bed. I groaned as I put my hand over my eyes to shield from the light.

"Daddy?" I asked blinking as my eyes adjusted to the light. I thought i told him to leave us alone, I mentally scoffed. Always has to have it his way.

"Oh yeah? Where is he?" I asked giving her a smile and extending my hands out for her to lay with me. She giggled and brought her index finger up to her mouth. "Shhh" She whispered as she continued to giggle.

She crawled over to me and sat in my lap, she leaned in so her mouth was next to my ear and whispered,"He's at the door but shh he said it's a surprise." I looked at her, she had her dads eyes and light freckles which she got from me, the cutest button nose also from me, and shoulder length black wavy hair.

"Okay pea, I'll act surprise," I said grabbing her and tickling her stomach. Her small giggles filling the room. I loved her laugh, it was the cutest thing ever. "How about you go get ready for school while I go talk to daddy?" She nodded and ran out.

I let out a small chuckle, how was she was so energetic this early in the morning. I for one, am not a morning person, the idea of having to wake up so early when I could be sleeping just doesn't sit right with me. Rose on the other hand loves mornings, especially when the birds begin to chirp and sing.

"Ahem" said a voice bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked up and there he stood, flowers in hand. Roses to be exact, my favorite. I thought rose said he was at the door, I thought.

I looked down to what I was wearing, a see through white tank and underwear. I quickly went to grab the covers and brought them up to my chest for cover. He let out a small chuckle, "Nothing I haven't seen before." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

He was wearing a black suit that hugged his body perfectly, showing off his muscular features. His emerald eyes staring into mine with an emotion I couldn't quite figure out, he had a sharp jawline and slightly crooked nose.

I smiled a little remembering how it happened, it was the day we met, long story short, he beat up a guy that wouldn't leave me alone, the other guy however got a good hit in before falling down. He also had big plumped lips and a little scar underneath his eye that wasn't there before.

Like instinct I walked up to him and lightly traced it, forgetting my current choice of dressing. "What happened?," I asked, as I got a better view of it. It looked old but deep. I looked up so that we were eye to eye.

"Nothing," he said looking away like he was ashamed of how he got it. He brought his eyes back to me and looked down and up before gulping. I was confused at first then I remembered and wanted to die right there. Oh god.. I felt my cheeks starting to burn up, I quickly grabbed whatever was near me which happened to be an old hoodie and immediately put it on while Nathaniel quietly laughed to himself. I shot him a glare which shut him up pretty quick.

He looked down to what I was wearing, a smile formed on his lips before he smirked. I missed that smile, stop it, I mentally scolded myself. I looked down and realized what I was wearing, this day keeps getting worse and worse. I felt my cheeks begin to heat up again, it was his old hoodie.

I was wearing it the night it all went down, I always told myself I was saving it for Rose but really I was saving it for me. "Get out" was all I said as I brought my hands up to his chest and pushed him in the direction of the door while tried to at least. He didn't bulge one bit. "Get out please I need to change," I whined as I continued to try and push him.
"Can we talk after?"
"No."
"Then looks like I'm staying." He said crossing his arms.
"Nathaniel"
"Lilian." That was the first time he said my full name, it gave me butterflies in the pit of my stomach. This time it was me who gulped.
"Nathaniel get outttt" I said dragging the last word, he simply looked around and rocked back in forth.
"Okay," I said throwing my hands in the air," We can talk after. Can you get out now please?" He smiled in victory before walking out.

****

sooo what do you guys think? how do you like the story so far? what do you guys think Nathaniel's gonna tell Lilian? any questions?

also there might be a couple mistakes on my choice of words or how i worded something to be exact. i'm also going to try and write for most of the day today so you might see new chapters soon.

goal for this chapter:
20 votes and 35 comments

*not edited so comment if you see a mistake*