Chapter 9

After driving for what felt like forever but really was just about thirty minutes, I finally arrived at the place. The house was huge and protected by a gate that had a security post. Whoa, I thought. I was right about the paparazzi part, the whole front was swarmed with them trying to get in. There was extra security on the outside of the gate preventing them from getting too close to the gate. I gulped, this might be harder than I thought.

I turned off the engine and got out the car and that's when I seen a familiar face. Or maybe not, I just hope he remembers me it's been so long since I last seen him. He looked different than before he was more buff and had a sleeve of tattoos. I walked toward him,"Charles!," I yelled over all the noise the paparazzi were making as I was close enough for him to hear.

He turned around and searched through the crowds of people until his eyes landed on me and he smiled. I waved at him and he walked towards me. "Ms. Lily, it's nice to see you again," he said as he pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back, gosh I missed him.

When Nathaniel would work all day, we would spend the day watching movies or just talk about how things were going. The last time we talked he was going on and on about how scared he was to propose to his girlfriend of four years, scared she would say no. I wonder what happened.

"How've you been? Did she say yes? Please tell me she said yes," I said as we got out of each other's hold. His smile got wider if that was even possible, he lifted his hand up and there it was. A ring. A smile formed on my lips at the sight of it.

"Married for five years now. We even got a little one" he said, his eyes lit up at the mention of his kid. I pulled him in for another hug, "I knew she would say yes." I felt so happy for him that I almost forgot how mad I was coming here and why I came here. Key word being almost. Remembering what I came here for the feelings came back. "Is he home," I asked, he nodded.

"Follow me." He began walking toward the gate, I followed closely behind. As we got near the security post, he lifted his hand and the gate opened. He stopped right in front of the gate, "Just walk up the path to the door," he said and he pointed towards the path of white rocks that had slabs of stone in the middle. Even the path was beautiful. I nodded and said thank you before following the path.

As I got closer, I got a better view of the house. It was even more beautiful up close, it was a modern house. I've always had a thing for modern houses. I was now standing in front of the door, I took a deep breathe before ringing the door bell.

Moments later the door opened and a lady wearing an apron opened the door, "Is nathaniel here?" I asked already knowing the answer but I didn't know what else to say. She nodded her head and moved to the side. I smiled at her which she returned and walked inside. "He's in the living room, just walk forward then make a right."

"Thank you." I said as she walked off in the opposite direction. I followed her directions and walked into the living room. He must of not heard me as he was sitting down on the white sofa, downing a bottle of vodka like it was nothing. Seriously? This is what was more important than his own daughter. I felt my face get start to get hot and the anger I felt magnified.

"Are you fucking kidding me Nathaniel, your daughter is waiting for you and your over here getting drunk! It's not even noon yet!," I said trying to keep my voice even but failing miserably as my voice raised a little more at each word I said.

He turned around at the sound of my voice, he looked at me surprised. "Lily? What are you doing here," he said slightly slurring over his words. He put the bottle down and began to walk towards me, I put my hand out and he stopped in his tracks. He's drunk. I scoffed, "Don't." He stared at me, struggling to stand straight. He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

"Two hours. Two hours we waited for you, she waited for you, and your over here getting drunk!-," I grabbed a nearby pillow and threw it at him causing him to slightly move back, "You couldn't even answer your phone and at least say that you weren't planning on going. I watched as her smile slowly faded as the time passed, do you have any idea what you did to her? How much it pained me to see her like that. She was counting on you and you let her down, you let me down-" at this point I was fuming, I felt my body begin to slightly shake, I knew I should've stopped but I kept going, "I let you be in her life and this is what you do! I was covering for you being late so that she wouldn't think bad of you and you chose to get drunk instead of going to the one thing she looked forward to doing with you. I want you out of our lives and I mean it this time." I looked at him as he quickly grabbed him phone and looked at the lock screen, he looked up at me and had a guilty expression. He forgot. He opened his mouth to speak but once again I beat him to it. "Goodbye nathaniel, don't come over or I swear I'll get a restraining order." Was the last thing I said before walking away leaving him behind. I heard him call out for my name and his footsteps behind but I ignored him and kept walking until I reached the door. I looked back at him, "Lillian-" he started but I turned back around and walked out the door.

***
i actually kinda like this chapter, thoughts?

do you guys think i over did it this chapter? by that i mean what lily said

also i'm not very good at describing things so the picture on top is what nathaniels house looks like

*not edited so comment if you see a mistake*

goal for this chapter:
40 votes and 25 comments