Chapter 10

I walked down the path at a fast pace, my fists curled up from how angry I was. I can't believe how stupid I am. Why do I have to be so gullible when it comes to him. I'm just glad he didn't show up drunk for rose to see.

I was nearing the gate when I heard a voice call out my name. I looked around as I continued walking towards the gate and there stood Charles waiting. He must have seen how angry I was because he gave me this sad look, like if he knew why.

"Ms.lily, He isn't like this all the time, he's been under a lot of stress lately an-" I cut him off before he could continue. "Don't, Charles. Don't defend him. I know how he is and this isn't anything new." I said, emotionless.

"Ms. if you could just talk to him please, he's been better ever since he found out. " He asked, looking at me with a sad expression. I sighed. "I'm sorry Charles but I can't."
"Lily, please,"
"I have to get going, Rose is waiting for me. I hope we see each other again, bye Charles." He nodded his head and had a slight frown on his face. "Bye Ms." I pulled him in for a hug to which he returned.

He motioned his hand towards the person in the security box and the gate opened once again. Most of the paparazzi were gone aside from a few who were taking pictures of the house. As I walked out of the side gate, one of them seen me and shouted something that I couldn't quite catch.

I turned in their direction and there stood all the remaining paparazzi facing me with their cameras directed at me. Oh no. And just like that, all the lights from their cameras flashed all at once. I stood there panicked before my senses came back to me and I speedily walked to my car. They chased behind me as they continued taking pictures. They all spoke at once, each a different question, I couldn't comprehend what any of them said.

I reached my car and quickly got inside but that didn't stop them from continuing to take their pictures. I started the engine which caused them to take a few steps back and took this opportunity to step on the pedal. I drove fast at first to get some space between us. I looked in the mirror and seen their attention was now on the car that was coming into the house. Thank god. I let out a breath and loosened my foot on the pedal and drove home.

****

I took a deep breath before opening the door and putting a smile on my face. The drive here helped to calm down but those feelings still lingered. I walked in and seen rose sleeping peacefully on the couch while Princess and the frog played in the background. I smiled at the sight of her.

Her body was moving up and down at a slow pace. Her now messy hair slightly covered her face. I walked to where she was laying and kneeled in front of her. I carefully moved the strands of hair that were in her face before placing a kiss on her forehead. She let out a little groan and her eyes fluttered open revealing her beautiful vibrant green eyes. She grinned at the sight of me.

"Hey pea," I whispered as I lightly booped her nose. She sat up and looked around, "Daddy?". She frowned a little when he was nowhere in sight. I let out a breathe,
"Daddy got busy and said he was sorry he couldn't make it. I'm sorry pea, I know how much you were looking forward to this." She looked down at me and gave me a small smile before nodding.

I stood up and lifted her up and tickled her to lighten up her mood. Our giggles filled the air as she tried to tickle me as well. After a few more tickles I stopped, "Mommy?".
"Yes, pea?"
"Can we have ice cream now?" I let out a small chuckle and nodded my head. Her face lit up and she ran towards the kitchen. I stood up and looked around for jarred but there was no sign of him.

"Jarred?," I called out as I walked towards his room. "In here," I heard him call from the kitchen. I turned around and made my way to him. I walked into the kitchen and found him preparing something. Rose was sitting on the stool happily eating her chocolate ice cream. "Whatcha making?" I asked as I sat in the stool next to rose. "Spaghetti," He looked up at me and flicked some sauce at me before continuing. I glared at him as I wiped it off my face. He and rose both laughed. 

Out of nowhere, a loud bang was heard. I quickly grabbed rose and looked around in alert as did jarred with a knife in hand. Seconds later another bang happened and another. I looked at jarred who was looking towards the door. I gulped and whispered into rose's ear, "Go to your room and lock the door." She quickly nodded and I placed her down. I watched as her small body frantically ran towards her room.

The banging on the door continued, each one louder than the last. I looked in jarreds direction but I see him already walking to the door. "What are you doing! Are you crazy!" I whisper shouted at him to which he just shushed me. I quietly walked behind him grabbing a roller on my way. My body was trembling while jarred seemed to be just fine. I gulped once more as we neared the door.

Another bang happened which slightly caused the door to move. I jumped at the sound seeing as it caught me off guard and took a step back but jarred took one forward after looking at me and shushing me once again. He looked at the peephole and scoffed. Meanwhile, I was over here still shaking, "Who is it!?" I whisper shouted once again. He rolled his eyes before going to open the door which made me start to tremble even more. 

There stood Nathaniel and the smell of alcohol once again filled the air. He was holding on to the door frame for support. Once the door was fully opened he looked up at us and tried making his way in only to be blocked by jarred's body. "Move," Nathaniel shouted and tried to move jarred out of the way but had no luck. 

I watched from behind jarred as he continued to try to get in but failed miserably. "I need to see rose," He slurred and attempted to push jarred once more. Jarred simply scoffed and pushed him back which caused him to tumble backward, "Go home." Nathaniel regained himself and looked at jarred angrily, his fist began to curl up and he walked towards him. I pushed jarred a little so there was space for me to get past him and stood in front of him. At the sight of me, his first uncurled. "Lilly," he slurred, as a smile formed on his lips. "I need to see rose. I have to tell her I'm sorry."

"No," I crossed my arms. He made his way towards me but I brought my hand out which caused him to stop in his tracks. "Don't come any closer Nathaniel or I'm calling the cops." He looked taken aback by my words and a flash of hurt passed his eyes. "I just want to see her." He said trying to stand up straight but failing miserably once again. "Your drunk Nathaniel. Go home. I can't believe you would show up in this state. What if rose saw!?," I scoffed, the anger I felt from earlier returning once more. Just 
as I said that a small voice from behind spoke, "Daddy?".

We all turned in the direction of the voice and seen rose staring at us but mostly at Nathaniel. I turned once more towards Nathaniel and glared at him before returning my focus to rose. I looked at jarred and he nodded. He walked to rose and picked her up before walking away.

I turned once more towards Nathaniel who was now looking down. "Leave. Now. I don't want you anywhere near my family or I swear Nathaniel I will get a restraining order." I snapped. He slowly nodded before looking up at me. "I'm so-."

"Leave Nathaniel, I'm not going to ask again," I demanded, bringing out my phone and beginning to dial the police. He looked at the phone and back at me before slowly nodding his head and turning around. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. A few tears escaped my eyes, not from sadness but from frustration. I wiped the tears and closed the door.
***
thoughts on this chapter? i'm not really sure how i feel about my writing in this one.

how's everyone doing? hope you guys are well.

* not edited comment if you see a mistake *

goal for this chapter:
40 votes and 20 comments.

don't be shy comment 🙈

picture above is what lily's kitchen looks like minus the wine fridge or whatever that is and when I say stool i mean those chairs.
This is the longest chapter so far.
I hoped you guys enjoyed it.