Chapter 15

Halfway down the path the ground started to rumble. I stopped in my tracks and froze. An earthquake? This is it I'm going to die. Now I'm certain the gods were against me today. If there's one thing I'm scared more of than spiders, it's earthquakes.

I have a deathly phobia of earthquakes, if there's even the smallest sign of an earthquake I feel like I'm going into cardiac arrest. My mind was beginning to spiral as I looked around to see if the building were trembling when I heard a loud group of whoos, cheers, and congratulations followed by clapping. There could have been at least 100 or so different voices with how loud their voices traveled through air.

My mind finally acknowledged it was in fact not an earthquake and my feet began to walk down the path. If it was loud half way, you can't  imagine how loud it was once I reached the door. My ears were ringing to the point where it began to sting,  I covered my ears hoping to muffle out the noise but it only helped a little.

The door was wide open revealing a crowd of people in formal attire, they all looked incredibly rich and compared to what I was wearing at the moment let's just say they might take me as one of the servers, or worse a burglar. Where in the hell did they all even park. I gulped, and continued to look at their movements and the way they carried themselves. Yup, the moment I walk in I'll be surprised if there isn't a crowd of screeching screams.

The doorway caught my attention as an arch of silver and gold balloons covered the frame with two gigantic balloons probably as tall as me on each side of the arch with some writing I couldn't read. Now that I noticed, all over the entrance and down the path was covered in variations of ballon design each growing in size as you go down the path. They ranged from a simple one balloon to a flower design, to a medium sized giraffe, and even an elephant! Each single design made out of single balloons.

My eyes wandered off to the lawn away from the path and it put those designs to shame, a bounce house sized lion, hippo, and every other animal you could possibly think of. How did they do that! I should really get my eyes checked because how in the world did I miss all this. In my defense it was starting to get dark and my mind was somewhere else but I was baffled. What did I just walk into.

I turned back around so I was facing the door again, the giant balloons about the same size as me grabbed my attention once more. I like balloons. So what. Where in the hell did they get that from. I bet it was pricey. I wonder if rose would like one of those for her birthday. Hell she'll probably fly away. It would be cool though. Not the her flying away part. I'll make sure to ask char-.

It wasn't until I heard someone clear their throat until I realized how long I actually had been standing there looking at the balloons. My cheeks flushed red, I must of looked like a little kid. In my defense they are huge! I can't imagine how loud it would be if one popped. The chaos it would bring. The temptation to do it was real. It was at arms length, if I just-.

The sound of someone clearing their throat reached my ear again. My arm shot down and my cheeks flushed even more, surely I looked like a tomato by now and if they didn't perceive me as childlike before they sure as hell do now.

"You stare at those balloons like a baby's first reaction to a new experience. You do know those are called balloons right?," the voice unfamiliar to me spoke. It was deep but not Nathanial level deep. I bring my attention to him and make eye contact with this person and I almost gasp.

He was handsome. His hair was black medium length, but his eyes is what caught my attention not that the rest of him was ugly because oh no, not one bit. But his eyes were a vibrant combination of green with hints of blue. They weren't your regular green and blue eyes however they were the type of eyes that got you a modeling career simply for having such vivid eyes.