Chapter 1

7 years later...

"Someone please help me!" I cried barging into the police station sending the metal doors flying  causing a loud bang from the contact they made with the glass panels on each side.

The person sitting nearest to the glass wall let out a small scream before looking around for the culprit, her eyes finally landing on mine and giving me the ugliest look known to man. Oops.
The glass must have been bulletproof the way it didn't shatter with the amount of force I put in.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the glass, it was not a pretty sight. My beautiful brown pin straight hair was extremely matted and going in all directions. Black eyeliner and mascara was running down my face making me look like a raccoon. My clothes were all ruffled up with traces of ashes covering the front. Bad habit, I know. I gave it up years ago, but given todays events, I just really needed one today.

I turned away, scanning the room for the receptionist. Her desk was located in the far  center of the room, there sat a little redhead who couldn't have been more than twenty. She was deeply invested in whatever she had going on in that computer of hers. Her eyes traveled across the screen in a millisecond, and the speed at which her fingers went over the keys was impressive. I knew I was in good hands.

I hurriedly made my way to her, already wasting enough time by focusing on the stranger who got startled and admiring her. Once I was a few inches away from her desk, she head shot up, she gave me one look and concern was written all over face.

"P-please help me, s-she's gone! I can't find her!" I barely made out, my throat felt tight from all the anxiety I was feeling. No, no, no, this can't be happening. Please, I can't lose her.

"Ma'am, take a deep breath with me," she stood up from her chair, standing roughly at about 5'4 feet. Taking my hand into hers with a firm, comforting hand, her soft voice spoke, "In, and out," she took a deep breath, so did I, and we held it in for a second or two before exhaling, repeating this action twice.

My throat loosened up, and my body relaxed almost immediately, her angelic motherly tone was also a strong factor in helping to ease me. Which was funny since I was most definitely older her. "Now, start again, who's gone?"

"My daughter! She disappeared, you have to find her! Please!" My voice was coarse, and utterly broken. My heart began to pound in my chest again, the feeling was so strong and forceful the thought of my heart ripping out my chest seemed perfectly capable of happening. My rose. My poor rose.

I gulped, her touch no longer brought me comfort. A sound to my right caught my attention, a women had simply dropped her phone but the walls. That wall was further.

The glass wall moved up about five inches from where I had initially seen it, squinting for a closer look I realize it's moving! Not only is that wall moving, but now all four walls were moving in on me at lighting speed. My heart rate shot up, my breathing pitched. And lights out.
—-
Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of a machine beeping woke me up. My head was throbbing. What happened? I opened my eyes, blinking a few times struggling to clear my vision. I swallow the lump in my throat, and I look over to the right, machines were all around me. The walls were painted white, and the red head stood there, a warm smile on her face, "Hey there."

I was in a hospital room.

I blink and look over to my left where a larger figure stood over me based on the shadow emitting from the light. I could only make it out to be man based on his tall, broad figure. It was like he was the center of an aura, the bright lights beamed around the perimeter of his face-almost god-like. I was in awe of the image. My foggy vision was also making it impossible to make him out. Figured it was a doctor. I'll be sure to get his number later.

"Hello, Lillian." Said a deep voice that I instantly recognize. It was his voice. No it can't be. I sat up for a closer look and there he was. It was really him, though he longer looked like before.

His features were more prominent now exposing his sharp jawline and cheekbones, he'd lost a lot of weight. He'd grown out his beard quite a bit too, although he kept it clean and trimmed so it didn't look a mess. It actually suited him well.

Those emerald eyes, which my daughter inherited, were still as beautiful as I remembered, though he'd grown a couple wrinkles and had noticeably small eye-bags under his eyes. I'm guessing all the stress from work finally got to him.

His hair was no longer in his messy hairstyle he claimed was the rave among men, when really he was just lazy and couldn't be bothered to spend a minute on his hair. Instead it was neatly combed back, a single strand on his forehead. He smiled at me exposing his dimples.

How did he find me. Why is he here?

All my questions were answered the second I heard her little voice, "Mommy!".

——

So what did you think about this chapter? Did you like it? I hope so.