Chapter 2

As the time that had yet to pass by, she sat at the carriage silently with the man in front of her, Aleks La Siginia一the first son of Duke La Siginia. During the roadtrip, none talked or had a small chatter together.

It was dead silent.

The sun settled down, replacing the blue sky to an orange and calming cinematic scene. Y/n's eyes were still on the road, she didn't dare to look up nor talk to him. The white haired man sat in silence as well.

With just a sound of the open wind managed to sound like a huge gust. Until, Aleks had decided to open a conversation. "Lady Y/n."

"Yes, Your Grace?"

"Have you been well?"

"Yes, I have. I appreciate your concern, Sir Aleks. How may I be a help for you?"

"...sharp as always."

She pursed her lips together into a thin line, not even minding to look at his eyes or took a small glimpse of him. She tightened her grip of the frills that decorated her dress. "We can talk casually if we're engaged," Aleks stated firmly.

"I refuse, I must remind you that our relationship is just a political arrangement." For once, she dared to lift her gaze to meet with his, e/c stayed still with no light to glimmer the unwavering e/c. She didn't know where did she get the confidence and courage in talking back一but she knew one thing, Y/n had to set the lines.

Aleks wasn't the slightest fazed, the snowing pure white eyes were locked onto hers. But deep inside, she knew how his chest heaved by her words. "I'll be staying at your estate as the family's guest for three days." She nodded her head while speaking, "Yes."

Long story short, her family had invited Aleks to the estate for further arrangements. Of course, Aleks being Y/n's fiancee, she had to be the one to invite him over.

Silence consumed them once again, none had desired to speak. There was no topic that interested them, but she could feel the odds in his stares. "Back when we were still children, you told me about a promise with a child there."

"I apologize, Your Grace. But I can't tell you that promise I made with the child in the forest. It's not a public arrangement."

Y/n L/n, the lady who would never speak about personal matters一unless if she was comfortable.

Yet, by reminiscing some pieces of the vivid memories, a scent of wolfhook berry flew passed by her nose. The familiar ruby eyes一more beautiful than her rubies, and more couragous than any eyes she had seen.

Little did she know, the gaze he sent was unsettling. As if what she had said wasn't to his likings, or rather一her antics in front of him.

Just the way her eyes drifted to the road had made him cautious. "I see."

A simple line was enough to silence both of them.

****

"Welcome to our humble estate, the First son of Grand Duke Carion La Siginia, Sir Aleks La Siginia. May Barbatos leads you and your family to freedom."

Starting from start till the end of the L/n's garden were greeted by maids, butlers, gardeners, and other staffs who bowed their heads in respect for the guest despite the sun that shone above them.

She spreaded her dress, bowing her head down, eyes rolling to the ground in front of Aleks. "We'll serve you some tea, in the meantime, would you like to join me for a walk, my fiancee?" She asked half-heartedly, still not looking up as she wasn't given the order by Aleks to do so.