Chapter 7

"Cat leave me?"

The sun beamed upon Mondstad, bright and clear, accompanied with the cloud that passed by like a carriage. She let out a small sigh, nodding her head. "Unfortunately, it seems so."

She was ready to leave with something more prepared on hand一a water bottle, fresh raw meat and apples, and some other things.

She turned her head and from the corner of her eyes, she could see how disappointed the boy beside her was. Even though Razor always had an expressionless face, she could still make out the frown he put on.

Were they that closed to the point where he couldn't let her go?

Well, it's not like she couldn't bring him there. She was going on a trip to Dawn Winery to get back to her place.

"Where are you going?"

"I have an acqui一a friend in Dawn Winery. Maybe that friend can bring me back to my family's March."

There was a brief moment of silence一 maybe an awkward one if she could say一but the waver feelings of guilt always won her.

"Razor, what do you want to do when I leave you alone?" She asked patiently with eyes that glistened with his cherry stewed eyes as her hands trailed to his. "Wait for Cat."

Aww, that's sweet一no.

She couldn't let his words won her again.

"But don't you have anything else to do?"

He shook his head. "No."

And finally, her choice was made up last minute.

"Then would you like to join me?"

****

"Lady Y/n!"

A woman who seemed to be quite young greeted as she jogged her way. "Miss Adelinde, I apologize for my sudden arrival. If you don't mind, I brought a friend along the way," Y/n greeted, keeping herself calm and composed as she always did.

"You're always welcomed here, Lady Y/n." Adelinde shook off with a polite smile. "Thank you, Miss Adelinde. This is Razor. And is Captain Diluc here?"

"Forgive me for my intrudence, Lady Y/n. However, Master Diluc is no longer a calvary captain," Adelinde corrected, gaining a small 'o' from Y/n.

"Ah, I apologize for my mistake. But is Sir Diluc here?"

Well, to be frank, Y/n had never joined any occasion as she found herself comfortable on her own. So of course, she wouldn't know about Diluc's title.

"His lordship is out right now, but worry not, he will come back by evening. For the meantime, would you like some tea?"

"I'd love to."

...

Well, if she could be honest, she dared to assume this was Razor's first time visiting a building or a house.

The e/c orbs stole a small glance of the silver haired boy一finding him going close to anything he found interesting一even go far as sniffing or touching.

Yep.

It's probably his first time.

"Razor."

The called haired boy turned his head and walked his way to her while giving a puzzled look. "Well... this is how I used to live," Y/n stated, cracking a small smile.

"Cat live good house?"

"Hm, but not a home I'd turn around to." The trails of her words fell from her lips, heartbeat turned slower than before as her eyes always tried the uplifting gaze一only for it to fall terribly.