Chapter 5

"W-wait!"

Ah, peaceful evening, sun was setting, the blue slowly faded into orange, clouds shaped into any kinds they wanted to shape.

And here they were一Razor stood on the river as he reached his hand out for the nervous h/c haired. She lifted her dress, bitting her lips. Maybe this was a bad idea一especially when she had never let herself wet.

Afterall, usually commoners do this. Nobles were responsible for this, but not the one who catch the fishes.

"Cat.. scared?" He asked, earning a firm shake from the girl. "No, but I don't have any dress in change," she muttered under her breath.

Of course, she was left with no clothes or any survival items.

"It's fine, Cat. Razor help you dry." Easy to be said than done. She looked down to the water, fishes started to appear one by one一swimming around the river.

A sigh escaped from her lips. Wanted it or not, she promised to catch fishes together with him.

She bit her lips, nervous started to rose from her chest. Finally, she took off her shoes and slowly walked in the water. 'It's fine, Y/n. An opportunity to feel the nature. Yeah,' she convinced herself before stepping in.

Coldness devoured her bare feet as soon as she set them in, holding her breath. Her e/c shifted from her feet to the hand, still reached out for her, waiting patiently.

Was this what freedom looked like?

Y/n gulped nervously, slowly landing her hand on his. It was rough but enough to comfort her一to remind her he was here.

She dropped her dress down to the cold river, letting it soak in the streaming water. She breathed in the air as the cool breeze brushed against her face一comforting her.

He grabbed her hand, gripping it tightly as if she's going to disappear if he let go. "Wet dress... is fine. Razor help Cat... here." His usual broken sentence rang to her ears一butterflies were sent to her stomach as Razor's grip tightened.

Could this be the definition of carefree?

Once again, she inhaled before nodding her head and stated, "Alright. Let's start."

Razor's cherry stewed eyes landed on the fishes as they swam passed by him. With the wooden stick on his free hand一Razor stabbed the fish一which she quickly closed her e/c orbs, flinched in guilt and fear.

Her heart palpated, legs became noodles as her head spun around. No matter how she tried to control the rapid heartbeat, her mind kept wandering to the dead fish. Not to mention, her stomach started to feel as if something twisted her digestive organ.

"R-Razor..." even her voice fell weak.

"Hm," he hummed in response, obviously densed with the situation she was in. "C-can I sit down?" It hadn't been five minutes yet since she stood inside the river...

"Cat sick?"

She shook her head, eyes couldn't let go of the sight beheld in front of her. "No..." she muttered weakly. He rose his eyebrow in confusion. He looked up and down from the dead fish and her一slowly taking on the hint.

"Cat... scared?"

Scared? Was she this scared? Of course she had felt scared before一but never this spontaneous. Her face slowly lose it colour.

"Scared? Maybe," she responded, not even minding the situation she was in. But how could a wolf boy understand embarrasment? Okay, maybe he did一albeit not all.