Chapter 9

Never once did she expect an arrival from her manor, to be saved by the family that abandoned her to start with.

Group of men and women stood by the cave with the relief look on their face. Knights were supposed to keep their expression composed一yet, here they were.

Some were at the verge of tears.

"My Lady, how have you been?" The knight in red clothing questioned, which she assumed to be the leader of this small 'search for the lady' team一Verdor.

"Sir... Verdor," she muttered under her breath weakly, legs slowly became noodle. Should she be relief she could go back?

But didn't it mean she had to leave her only friend and the person she fell for?

However一in front of the knights, she's a noble. And so, she kept herself composed.

'Chin up, back straight, eyes straight.'

Y/n breathed out, reminiscing what she'd learned back then. "Good evening, Sir Verdor and the rest. May you be lead by Barbatos' wind to freedom."

Start with concise greeting. "Lady Y/n, his Lordship has called for you to go back home."

Home?

Her father?

For all she knew, she was left in the woods with no supplies. Her father decided to make an accident and faked her accident一but now, he wanted her back?

Of course, it couldn't possibly mean that he actually wanted her.

"Took you all too long to find me. How about we all have a small breakfast?" she offered一no, demanded.

Razor had gone out for a hunt, while she waited in the cave for him一only to be disturbed by the arrival of her family's knights. Verdor knitted his eyebrow in confusion. "Pardon?"

"Come and stay for a while as we wait for a friend."

"I apologize for my intrudence, but who's this fr一"

Her stone cold e/c keened right to Verdor's emerald ones, silencing him at once. He gulped in fear and obeyed as told. "W-we can't accept anything from you, Lady Y/n."

"I insist, Sir Verdor. I never knew you're quite talkative."

"My apologies, Milady."

...

Minutes had passed by as she stood outside the cave. The knights sat in the cave while having a small chatter to each other.

Whispers were caught by her ears.

"It looks like Lady Y/n has forgot how to live as a lady."
"Be quiet, Warna! At least she's being kind and polite."

A small peek of a silver haired walked with two raw meat in hand just after the cloud passed by. "Cat," he called slowly.

Cherry-stewed eyes glistened in curiosity and hostile to the strangers in the cave, he walked closer to the h/c haired lady一only to be blocked by a sword.

"State your business with the lady一"

She raised her hand up, signing him to lower down the sword. "Razor, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the sudden arrival," she apologized, keeping herself composed.

Her lips was straight with her gaze that was calm and collected一unlike the days before where she could smile as wide as she wanted.

"Oh. Cat's friends?"

"Fortunately... no."

Verdor chuckled nervously as he mumbled her name under his breath一well, they're not her friends afterall.