Chapter 10

The atmosphere around her was tense yet一exhausting to the point she couldn't lift her leg. Her head looked down to the floor, not lifting her head up unless the person told so.

She was at the La Siginia estate.

"Greetings, Your Grace. May Barbatos's wind lead you to freedom," she greeted solely. "I heard it from your father the reason you came here. You wish to cancel the marriage, don't you?"

Juel La Siginia, the current duke of the family, asked the h/c haired lady. The tone he wore raised so menacingly and fierce一holding her each and every fear inside his tone.

A brief moment of silence came from her as she attempted to swallow her saliva.

"Unfortunately, it seems so."

Juel sighed as he gestured to the long hall. "Let me escort you to the living room and I'll invite my son."

****

The sun shone above the manor, bright and clear, as if nothing could beat it's light. Fluff of cloud passed by the solar with ease, covering some part of light from beaming.

Trees stood still by the garden of the manor. There was not a single person that came passed by her sight, not even a strand hair could she find.

The estate was beautiful as she could remember, unfortunately, it was more petrifying as the time passed by.

The tea was filled countless times一every time she drank the tea, the glass would be empty. Her fingers interwined together, rubbing her thumb against her hand.

Even though time should calm her down, her heart paced in an uncontrollable way.

The cup in front of her was filled again by the servant, which she drank it again. Oh dear, how many cups had she drunk? Three? Four? Eight?

Finally, the sound of clanking heels echoed through the empty hall, coming toward her. Either she was thankful or anxious一Y/n couldn't find the exact reason.

"Welcome to our humble estate, Lady Y/n L/n."

Her head turned around on its own. She stood up swiftly and bowed down in the most perfect ethical manner she could pull of.

Hint: could.

"I'm honored to be welcomed by you, Sir Aleks."

"How have you been? I'm very sorry to hear about the accident."

She lifted her lips into a humble smile, locking her gaze with her fiancee. "I apologize for making you worried, but I'm alright. Thank you for your concern."

Aleks sat across the h/c haired lady, taking the cup of tea in front of him. "Your safety is also the family's priority here. I'm sure you're well aware of it," he announced solely, with the hint of genuine concern burried in his voice.

Sooner, the atmosphere tensed with no warning, attacking her even more. She clenched the frills on her dress, trying to control how quick her heart beat. "Yes... I do. You and your family have my gratitude."

No one spoke, nor said a word. Yet, the eyes reflected the conversation they were supposed to have一call off the engagement.

Again, there wasn't any word uttered from the two. The only thing that came to her ears were the sound of the pouring tea, the heart that still couldn't stop beating, her own breathing, and lastly, the time that ticked slowly.

"So, let's carry on to the purpose of this conversation, shall we?"

Well?

It's either she'd die in the hands of La Siginia, or stay alive.