Chapter 12

The crowds of the city rang through her ears, songs of the bards, strums of lyres, and all the happiness she could feel. Even though she had gone here once, Y/n had never noticed how the happiness entranced everyone.

Ironic by the title of the city, "City of Freedom."

And from the side, her nose caught the scent of the roasting cooked sweet madame, a food she yearned to eat. Unfortunately, she had no moras in her pocket.

'Funny how I'm a noble but doesn't have any moras on me.'

A small smile spreaded, just for a little. She pulled the hood to cover her face from being recognized. Before coming here, the lady borrowed the hood from Razor before leaving. And now, Y/n bet she smelled like a wolfhook.

Well, the scent of the berry wasn't so bad...

Thud!

"Oh一sorr...y....Sir Verd一"

Her e/c eyes glistened skywards, the man's body was muscular and tall一she proceeded to to lift her chin up just to see who. That person was someone she had never expected before一

Verdor.

"Please keep it quite, Lady.." he hushed softly, almost sounding like a whisper. Her eyelids widened, reflecting her e/c orbs better. Her heart beat fast, was she glad or confused? "Y-you're... but I thought... my father... you一" Even she was lost at words.

Verdor's gentle smile spreaded across his lips, nodding his head. "You've got the letter, haven't you?"

"Why, yes."

"Great, now if you'll excuse me, I'll escort you to the person."

Okay, let's get this one thing straight.

The first feeling she was experiencing was the confusion, additionally, a relief. But confusion won her over, she nodded her head reluctantly.

"Please escort me to the sender."

****

The scent of cakes and sweets flew into her nostrils as she found herself sitting in front of desserts. The sweetness of the cake melted in her mouth as she savoured each and every taste of it. "Do you like it, Y/n?"

A lady in wavy blonde smiled in delight, placing her chin on top of her palm. The familiar lady and one of Y/n's friends, Selene.

"Yes, they're delicious," Y/n commented, locking her gaze with the blonde's closed-smiled eyes. "Even though, you're no longer staying in the L/n Estate, you still eat like a lady, Y/n."

"You flattered me too much, Your Grace." The compliment from the blonde gave her the heat beneath her neck. "I heard about your engagement with Sir Aleks, and I have to say... you were brave."

Selene's hand traced to the fork, she sliced the cake to tiny bits. After that, the blonde stabbed the piece of a cake, feeding the confused h/c haired lady.

"Lady Selene, your habit is showing again..."

"Please calm down, Y/n. It's alright since you're my friend. Now, open your mouth."

Y/n couldn't decline her bubbly friend and finally decided to give in. Her lips went agaped as she ate the piece of cake, still wary out of blue. "Good girl, N/n!"

"Lady Selene... please, I'm not a dog.."

"No you're not. You're a cat."

Uhuk!

The poor Y/n coughed as she was suffocated by the lump of a cake. Why was she like this? It couldn't be because she was reminded of Razor, right? "Oh dear, are you okay? Excus一"