Chapter 1

"Miss Grime," My teacher called out as she placed a note on my desk.

"You are an exemplary student, how are you so smart?" She asked.

I just shrugged my shoulders as my teacher's eyes slowly drifted away to the clock right above my head.

"Really Summer," the most popular girl, Mindy said as she sat next to me, "You should be stealing the most precious items from the most expensive stores in Times Square instead of being a bookworm."

"Mindy Welch!" Ms. Miller called out from behind me as she gestured to the corner of the room, near the entrance.

I slowly drifted my eyes to that corner. It was a mess. Oh Mindy. Always making huge messes.

"Summer!" Kailey, my best friend, yelled from behind me.

I just jumped up, out of my seat.

"Sorry." Kailey mumbled.

"It's alright." I replied.

Ms. Miller yelled at Mindy as she placed a detention slip on her desk.

"Really?" Mindy asked with puppy dog eyes.

Ms. Miller rolled her eyes.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

Ms. Miller shook her head.

"Principal's office!" Ms. Miller yelled to Mindy.

The bell rang in a heartbeat.

I ran to the lockers and out on all of my chemistry gear and pulling up my waist length chestnut brown hair in a ponytail ran to Mr. Beck's chemistry class. We did the usual, pour chemicals in bottles and then the bell rang.