Chapter 9

"Summer!" Matthew yells, shaking me awake.

"What?" I reply, groaning because I was sleep deprived.

"Trobella's in the other room." Matthew replies.

"So?" I ask him with confusion.

Matthew shook his head.

"What?" I ask.

"You're not from here, are you?" Matthew asks.

"No..." I reply.

"Alright," Matthew says, "Trobella's needs really dominate the jail."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask in confusion.

"Trobella makes us make her breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Matthew replies with a long sigh.

I hear loud footsteps dominate the room. The smell of horse manure suddenly blends in with the footsteps. The scent slowly crawls up my nostrils and finally makes me sneeze.

"Get up! Make me meals!" Trobella whines.

"Will we ever get out of here?" I whisper.

"I don't know. I've been trying to find a way out for over a year now." Matthew replies with a mumble.

We run out of our cells and prepare her breakfast. The masked man runs past our cell.

"We have to escape." I mumble.

"Summer!" Matthew yells, "No!"

I run towards him and throw random items at Trobella.

"Don't even try, Bree!" Trobella yells as she sprints towards me.

"It's Summer." I confess, "Bree is the one that's like a lizard with eyes of different colors and the bad haircut."

Trobella stares at me like she has just been showered with lies. It's because she has been. Sorry.

"The Land of Stories is messed up because of you." Trobella mumbles, tears creating rivers as they fall out of her eyes.

"Father!" She yells.

"I'm sorry miss, but he's busy with other prisoners at the moment." The servant mumbles.

"Mother!" She yells.

"She is on her way!" The servant yells.

Trobella looks at me.

"Okay, Not Bree. This is all your fault. All your stupid actions."

"Butterboy will never love you, you stinky troll!" I yell, "He only pretends so that he could be free!"

Trobella looks at me with an ominous expression on her face.

"Bring them to Cell 25 downstairs!" Trobella yells.

The guards rip open the doors to Matthew's cell and linger around the door.

"Get him out of there, you worthless fools!" Trobella yells.

"Yes, Princess Trobella." The guards mumble in a monotonous tone of voice so that they sound like they have been united as one.

They drag Matthew out of his cell and laugh their heads off but be concentrated on their tasks at the same time, as Matthew tries to defend himself from these frightening guards of the Kingdom of Trolls and Dwarfs.

"You next, Not Bree." Trobella declares.

The remaining guards walk into my cell and grab me by the neck. One guards grabs onto my calves as I try and defend myself. I throw a punch at a guards.

"That wasn't smart!" Matthew yells from across the room.

I look at his face. It was covered with bruises from guards. I feel blood tingling my skin. Then, my world went black.