1

Silence. A terrifying silence loomed over me. Spring. That was the season. I stared down from the roof of my school. Climbing onto the railing, I caught a glimpse of a pinkish-red haired boy. He was probably the only one left at school, besides those with clubs. Sakura petals tangled in my (H/C) hair while they reflected off my dulled (E/C) eyes. The case to my bass guitar was resting snugly against the railing of the roof. I plopped onto the railing and began playing. It wasn't very good, considering it was a new song I was writing.

I couldn't believe the sounds I was making; they were so sad. Come on, Y/N these aren't your usual sounds, I thought. Changing up my mood, I continued to strum the strings. It still sounded sad. I gritted my teeth in frustration as I struggled to get my normal happy sound back. I was never really one to get frustrated, but when it came to music there was no end to the frustration. I hated how many wrong sounds I managed to produce, but Ritsuka always told me it would all work out.

Mafuyu's POV:

I spotted a person sitting on the roof railing. They were playing guitar. As soon as I realized I was staring a little too long, my cheeks flushed red. I didn't want them to think I had perverted thoughts, so I quickly ran away to my normal outside napping spot. They climbed down the wall with their guitar secured on their back. They walked up to me, sitting next to me and hugging their knees to her chest. "You play too, don't you?" They asked out of nowhere. I shook my head, adding, "It was a gift from my friend's mother."

Their face remained emotionless. I was a little confused if I had said something wrong or if they were just sad. Their fingers had blisters and callouses from how hard they had been working with their guitar. They started to hum softly, barely audible. But I heard them. Despite the sweet spring wind rushing in my ears and the scattering of dried sakura petals on the ground, I heard them humming. It was one of the most beautiful songs I had heard in awhile. It almost seemed as if they were trying to put me to sleep, and I did just that.

***

I woke up to light breathing. I had fallen asleep on that person with the blisters on their fingers. They were so warm in the chilly spring evening that I couldn't help but scoot a little closer. This person was kind enough to hum me to sleep, so why not do the same for them?

Ahhhhhhh I love him so much he's just ✨🥰✨ anyway I hope you enjoyed~ if you didn't that's alright lol but please leave me criticism, it helps me grow as a writer (not that I'm a very good one haha) but yeah! Sorry this was kinda short, but I ran out of ideas ; ~ ;