Leaving

-Y/N's POV ( you are 17 )-

As me and Dameon are sitting in the car together, we listen to music.

Dameon and I are best friends, we've done so many things together. But now, I'm leaving him, and it's making my heart ache thinking about it.

No, I don't love him romantically, it's just the thought of living away from your one and only true best friend, so many miles apart, is making me, well, sad.

Also, big news, I started speaking to him. But not a lot, just minimally. Well, that was when I was in Freshmen year. Yes, it did take me 2 years to actually talk to him, let's just say my trust issues are a bit high.

He said my voice was just fine, but I still didn't talk much. Not that I was still insecure, partly I was, but also I'm just so used to being mute that I forget to talk.

But we did sing together. He was a great singer, like the voice of a natural born country singer that can hit very high vocal notes.

I snap back from my memories as Dameon stomps on the brake. I spit out my drink, since the seatbelt literally suffocated me for a second.

I look at him with a small smile and give him a playful smack.

"Ow! I was just trying to get you back to reality!"
he says giggling. His giggle and laugh makes me laugh, it sounds weird. And him giggling made me start giggling.

We were the weird friends, no doubt about it. We would randomly start laughing like maniacs out of nowhere sometimes, and to be honest it was concerning.

After some laughter, he speaks up. "Well, we reached the destination. The airport." He says. We both look at the huge building. There's a tinge of sadness in his voice and I start tearing up.

I look at him after blinking my eyes a lot so no tears could get through. He looks at me back.

"You know we will still be friends, right?" He asks. I nod. We both agreed to text each other each night, or every other night at least.

He helps me get my suitcases out, it's just two. It doesn't seem like a lot, considering I'm moving, but that's all I need. I found this school down there, and it comes with dorms to stay at.

The name was Shiratorizawa, a catchy name. I liked that about it. The principal of the school sent out that they have some room for 2nd and 3rd year transfers. How did I get the ad? I signed up for the Japanese notifications. Don't ask me what that means.

As soon as I saw the offer, I quickly messaged them. I asked if I could come as a 2nd year student. About 10 days later, they messaged me back and they told me to tell me some about my academics, athletics, and hobbies.

So I did. I said that I was my teams volleyball ace, in honors math since middle school, a B+ and above student, and boxed. I mentioned learning about Japanese, its culture, holidays, manners,  at a young age and everything else about myself.

They said they would get back to me by the end of the next month. This happened about 1-2 months ago, I can't remember. I got accepted into the school, but it was really pricey.

Thankfully, my aunt gave me a huge help in the money situation. I couldn't be more grateful. She said she would love to help me go. I didn't really know how to take that, but I was happy.

It was a lot of paperwork to do, but with the help of my best friend and aunt, we made it work.

I just can't believe I got into it!

After me and Dameon hugged goodbye, we walk separate ways. He goes to his car, I go to the entrance of the airport. I'm gonna miss him so much, but sometimes you just got to continue forward and not look back.