Baking

-Y/N'S POV-

Ryou Sensei's instructions weren't a lot. On the board, he wrote;

1. Decided among the group what desert you'll be baking
2. Come to me for approval and supplies
3. Once you're all set up, start baking!

Tendou requested to do a chocolate cake,
as Shirabu wanted to do vanilla. Semi didn't care, he just wanted to get this over with. I was personally with Tendou, I loved chocolate, but I didn't want Shirabu to be upset either.

So I looked up a vanilla-chocolate cake recipe that we could do. While looking at some pictures, I came across one that looked easy and delicious.

 While looking at some pictures, I came across one that looked easy and delicious

(Not my picture, ofc)

I look at the recipe and see that it was fairly easy, minus the decorating part.

While I look back at Tendou and Shirabu, I see that Tendou is giving a long argument of why chocolate is better than vanilla. I just sigh, writing down the recipe and ingredients we needed.

"Find something?" I hear Semi ask. I was slightly hunched over the paper, so I had to look up at him. I nod and show him the picture. "That looks good, you really think we can make that though?" He asks again.

I take out my phone, 'Of course, I don't know everyone's strengths in baking, but with me here it'll be just fine'

After doing so, I walked up to Ryou Sensei's desk, handed him the paper I wrote on, and stood there awkwardly awaiting his approval.

"Ah, I see Tendou's in your group," he says, looking up from the paper straight at him. I give a nervous nod and he smiles. "He might not seem exactly like it, but he is an excellent baker." He says. He continues on and on about how whenever he would do assignments like these, his baked goods were always on point, and so on and so on.

After getting his approval and showing me where the ingredients are, I head back over to our spot. Tendou and Shirabu's small argument was done once they were informed by Semi that I already came up with an idea.

Whenever I sat down they looked over at me, all three of them. To quickly avoid awkwardness, I showed them what we were making.

Tendou says, "Oh great idea! Both chocolate and vanilla will work!," I look up to him smiling at the paper, "Although I do prefer it all chocolate, at least we won't have to listen to this doosh complain." He says, grinning and looking over at Shirabu.

Shirabu has an unamused expression on his face.

Tendou frowns, "ah whatever, you're no fun," he looks at me "Alright! Where do we start?"

-

I put the finished batter in the oven. I looked over to Semi working on making the icing, Shirabu reading him the instructions, and Tendou was right next to me.

"I can't wait to taste it~!" Tendou daydreams, his gaze towards the raw cake in another world. I smile at him while I set the timer.

We only had 15 minutes of class left, but the cake took a bit longer than that to make. I take out my phone and start typing, 'Our cake is going to take longer to make than the rest of class, what should we do?'

My original plan was to go to the teacher and show him my phone, but Tendou was already looking over my shoulder and reading, "Ah, no worries! He'll just put them in the fridge." I flinch hard. Tendou looks down at me and giggles, "Did I scare you~" he says laughing.

I playfully role my eyes with a subtle smile.

"You know (y/n)-Chan," Tendou starts, smiling, "I like you. Wanna watch our volleyball practice after school?" He asks.

I didn't look his way as I continue cleaning up some supplies, but I was thinking too. "I don't think I have anything so far, so I don't think it'd hurt to go."

After putting away some utensils, I look behind me, Tendou waiting for my answer with a wide grin on his face. I give him a smile and a thumbs up.

I saw his smile grow wider, causing me to smile more with him.

"Alright!" He exclaims. Semi then joins the conversation, "Hey, it's almost time to leave, so we should pack up."

We all look at the time, confirming it was indeed time to leave. We all help to clean up what we can. Shirabu put the icing next to the oven, so when the batter's done, Ryou-Sensei knows what to take back to the fridge.

I get my backpack, put my phone in my pocket, and wait.

"See ya there!" Tendou cheerfully says with a toothy grin on his face right before the bell rings.

I start to head out, "(y/n)!" Shirabu yells to get my attention. I stop next to the door and wait for him to catch up.

"Sorry, um, I can take you to your next class if you'd like." He offers, a bit quietly. I smile and nod. We then go and head to my next class.

__________________________________
-edited