Chapter 2: Memory Wipe

A/N: So I forgot to add a plot point in bionic showdown which was Douglas also wanted to experiment on Maddie to find how they got her powers to work so that he could replicate it. So if that comes up now you know. 

September 17th Mission Creek High school (Chase's POV)-

"Do you want to tell us what happened?" I asked.

Maddie shook her head no and pulled in closer to me. It's strange, she has been flinching away from me all day. Now she's having nightmares and woke up in a panic attack. I have an idea of what could be going on. I gave Bree a look to let her know.

"Uh would you guys give us a minute?" I asked and they all nodded, leaving us behind.

"Madds?" I asked and she hummed into my chest. "I know somethings wrong. What's going on?"

"Nothing." She mumbled.

"Then what were you dreaming about that got you so scared?" I lifted her head off my chest so that I could see her.

"I don't want to talk about it." Her eyes began to tear up again.

"Please Madds." I pulled her up into my lap and rubbed her back.

"It was Marcus and Douglas." She whispered.

"What do you mean? What was going on?" I asked but her breathing got heavier and she became more panicked.

"They h- had m- me tied-d up a- again a- and th- they cu- cut me o- open..." She cried through her explanation.

"You're okay. We're safe. They can't get to you." I reaffirmed her. "Is this why you've been staying up for the past couple weeks?"

She nodded, "It's like every time I close my eyes, I'm back in that cave."

"Madds how long has this been going on?"

"A couple weeks? I don't know. Can we just focus on homework?" Maddie leaned against my chest.

"This is serious Maddie. You've been unable to sleep, you've been super paranoid lately, and your temper has been getting shorter." I explained hoping she'd piece it together.

"So." She shrugged it off.

"Maddie I think you have PTSD." She just froze, not reacting. "We can help you through this."

"No no. Please don't tell anyone I don't want them to look at me any different." Maddie pleaded.

"Madds, you can't live like this, you need people to help you." I explained.

"Please Chase." Her voice broke as she begged me.

"Fine but please promise me that you'll tell me everything I don't want you to go through this on your own." I moved in front of her.

"I promise." She said. I pulled her into a hug.

"You ok now?" I asked.

"I'm better." She smiled a real smile. It wasn't huge but it was real and that made my heart burst.

But now the next problem, "How are things going with Alex?"

I leaned against the tree we were sitting under and Maddie moved to sit in between my legs and lean against my chest. "I talked to him last night but I don't know where he's at. He might still be mad though."

"Well we might be able to talk to him, would you be up for that?" I asked.

"I think so." She hummed, her eyelids began to fall again.