Chapter 8: Jet Wing

January 26th Davenport House (Maddie's POV)-

My name is Maddison Tompkins. Things have been weird lately.

Before a week ago everything was black. I just woke up with a bad headache in a hospital.

We decided that it'd probably be best to stay at the Davenport's house because I spent most of my time there before the accident so they thought it might jog some memories. It was working a bit to be honest but having memories show up without all the details around them made things pretty confusing. So far I could remember some events from my childhood, losing my powers, and some things from down in the lab.

Chase and I talked and I decided I want to stay together. After everything was explained to me after the triton app incident I had spent some more time with him and found that he was sweet. I didn't want to put him through more pain but things are a bit different. It's a bit weird having a boyfriend know everything about me when I hardly knew anything about him but we were making it work. 

We were hanging out in the living room and Davenport and I were trying to see if any of his inventions that were in the lab still worked. The device I was testing suddenly combusted. Chase grabbed me by the waist and pulled me away from him before grabbing a blanket from the couch and putting it out.

"Well that's a bust." I said dryly. Chase just gave me a questioning look and I shrugged.

The device Davenport was working on started to spark and he jumped back from it and it went out."Great! Everything in the lab is officially useless and I don't have any money to repair it." He complained.

Leo looked at him. "I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting up with your antics for nothing."

Bree sat down at the counter while I went to grab some water from the fridge. "Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab. We don't mind staying up here." She told him. "I mean, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's a start."

"We don't have time. Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructures." I explained. That was one of the first things I remembered. All my knowledge on bionics.

"Huh?" Adam asked, confused.

"Let me help you." Chase moved away from me and crouched in front of Adam and yelled, "Capsule, good!"

"But I haven't been in my capsule all week, and I feel fine." Bree said to me ignoring her brothers.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire." Davenport explained.

"Do you know when exactly? Because I have a haircut on Tuesday and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up like that trainwreck." Adam said. I looked up at Chase taking him in and I couldn't help but smile at my boyfriend's look.

"I get it! I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut! What else you got?" Chase scoffed.

"How long do you have?" Adam laughed.

"Even I saw that coming." I said to Chase before kissing him on the cheek.

"Look, the longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch, so don't use your bionics until I can get enough money to rebuild the lab." Davenport explain.

"Uh oh, I feel a glitch coming on!" Adam laughed before punching Chase.

"Ow! You know what? I feel one coming on too!" Chase pushed Adam off his stool in retaliation.

"Hey, it's not funny when you hurt me. It's just rude." Adam said as he stood back up.

Mr. Davenport sighed. "Tasha!" he called. She walked into the room. "Okay everyone. Family meeting time."