Chapter 19: Rise of the Secret Soldiers Pt.2

June 3rd Davenport Lab (Maddie's POV)-

You know after everything that happened with my amnesia, I could honestly say, I still don't love Douglas. The two of us were waiting in the lab for Leo and Davenport because the president had called us. The reformed scientist was about to try and start a conversation with me but thankfully Davenport rushed in with Leo trailing behind him.

"Donny, get in here, quick!" Douglas pointed to the screen and Davenport followed.

"Mr. President."

"He said he'd only talk to you. Apparently, I'm just the help!" Douglas spat back at the president, I laughed from my desk.

"Thank you, Douglas, that'll be all." Leo added with the smug smile and Douglas left.

"Davenport, a high-security military base was breached, and communications equipment was stolen." I got up from my desk and joined Leo beside Davenport.

"I'm sorry to here that, sir. Do you need some of my tracking technology?" He asked.

"No, I need Adam, Bree, and Chase." The president commanded.

"Well, with all due respect, sir, they dissolved the team." Mr. Davenport answered solemnly, and I hung my head low.

"Look, our national safety is far more important than a squabble between besties. The Vice-President and I are going through that right now. Drama! Phew. Fix this, and get them back on the job." He pushed.

"Yes, Mr. President."

"And if Adam, Bree, and Chase won't stop those criminals...then I will." Leo added posing like an action figure.

"Thanks, kid. As awful as things are right now, it feels good to laugh." The president laughed, I couldn't help but smile and Leo hit my shoulder.

"Don't worry Ray, I'll be here to help too." I smiled.

"Thank you Maddison." He nodded before signing off.

"How do you know the president?! How come he gets to call you Maddison? And why do you call him Ray?" Leo asked in shock.

I patted him on the cheek as I walked out, before calling over my shoulder. "You don't need to worry about it."

Davenport House (Maddie's POV)-

Davenport joined me upstairs as we tried to get the team back together.

"Hey, what's with the urgent text alert? I was out buying sunglasses for my astronomy cruise. Check these out! They double as telescopes!" Chase pulled a pair of sunglasses that had telescopes attached to each lens.

"All I'm seeing is another reason to throw you overboard." Adam smiled.

"Hey babe, let's not..." I put the sunglasses back into his bag. They were terrible.

"The President called. There's an emergency and he needs you." Davenport said pulling us back on track.

"But we told him we quit." Bree argued.

"Yeah, we don't even want to talk to each other. Why would we want to work together?" Chase asked spiteful.

"Yeah! And I'm not agreeing with him, I'm just emphasizing his point." Adam jumped up.

"Look, I'm getting tired of your selfish attitudes. It is your duty to complete this mission." Davenport fought.

"I told you guys that putting your life on TV was a bad idea. People judged you but it was your decision, you have to live with the consequences." I added before leaving for my lab.