Chapter 9: Mission: Mission Creek High

February 17th Davenport Lab (Maddie's POV)-

Davenport was guiding us all down to the lab to reveal it to Adam, Bree, and Chase. Leo and I had already seen it since we helped design and build it. Chase had been helping me with my memory and as far as I could tell things were getting better. The thing was there was a few big blocks of memories blocked out. I still couldn't remember things like me being a superhero and that whole side of my life. I still couldn't remember meeting Alex, Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, Davenport or Tasha. But I hated that I couldn't remember falling in love with Chase. I still knew they all happened but I could reach them.

We had reached the new Lab door and Chase took my hand pulling me out of my deep thought to hear Davenport's horrible singing. "I got a new lab, I got a new lab. I got a new lab."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I think you mean, we got a new lab." Bree corrected dryly.

"Excuse me. Did we pay to rebuild it?" He retorted.

"Do you sleep in a glass box?" You could actually see the shift in his face as he thought of what he could say. It was interesting.

"We got a new lab, we got a new lab." He cheered and we joined as the door opened. "And here it is."

"You guys killed it. Mr. Davenport, this place is amazing." Chase said as entered the new lab.

"Of course it is. I designed it." This wasn't gonna slide.

"Ahem." Leo and I exclaimed, giving home incredulous looks. We worked hard o this too.

"Fine. WE designed it. We, we!" Davenport exclaimed before turning to give the tour. "Upgraded capsules, bam! Quantum processing supercomputer, bam! Four-dimensional combat simulator, bam! This, my friends, is what a multi-million dollar makeover looks like."

"Is there a mini fridge?" Adam asked and I couldn't help to hold in my smirk.

"No." The billionaire said. Chase had caught me though and sent a look to ask what was going on. I shrugged to tell him that I'd explain later.

"I bet our real dad's lab has a mini fridge." Adam grumbled.

"Hey, Leo, where's your work station?" Bree asked to move on to a new subject.

"This way, children." Leo said smugly. He guided them across the room before using his tablet to switch the floor panel in front of us to reveal his desk.

"Whoa!" Wait till they see my workstation.

"The floor in the lab is compartmentalized, meaning we can store things in it. May I?" He asked Mr. Davenport and received a nod of approval. "Bam!"

Chase took a look around before noticing something new. "Is that a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer? Ahh! I've never seen one in person before. It's so beautiful." He ran over and basically worshiped the piece of technology.

"Maddie looks like you have some competition." Adam teased. Chase stood up with pink on his ears and moved back over to us.

"Yeah I might need to watch my back." I added.

"What are you talking about?" Leo smirked and I was trying to choke him with my eyes. "You had the same reaction if not worse." He laughed. Chase placed his arm across my shoulders and pulled me closer.

"What about Maddie's desk?" Bree was the first to notice.

"That's a very good question." I moved away from Chase and stole the tablet from Leo's hands as he gave me a dry look. I brought my workspace up from the storage unit arose from the capsules and Leo rolled his eyes as the three siblings stared in awe.