Chapter 20: Bionic Houseparty

June 5th Davenport Lab (Maddie's POV)-

"Okay, You can do this." I paced the space in the lab. Hyping myself up. "All you have to do is tell him. Just say Chase I'm-"

"You're what?"

I whipped around to find my boyfriend behind me clearly focused on his own issue. "Uh it's- it's nothing. What's up with you guys?"

He struggled to find the right words as he rubbed the back of his head. "Well... about that, it might be easier to just show you."

He guided me towards the elevator, my mind raced with worries. One part of me was wondering when and how I should tell Chase about me leaving for school and the other part of me was concerned with what Chase was bringing me up to see. The door's opened to reveal Adam, Bree, and all of the bionic soldiers.

"Chase, Maddie, Bree, I don't think you guys have been formally introduced to our friends. This is S-5, S-6, S-7, S-8 and-- Ha, I'm sorry, I forgot your name." Adam explained as he pushed the soldiers aside. Chase and I made our way into the living room.

The soldier that had attacked Chase in the junkyard came up to us and Chase pulled me bhind him. "Really?"

"Hi, I'm S-3." The boy smiled and winked at me.

"Ahh! I know who you are. You tried to kill me!" Chase exclaimed, almost growling.

"Why would I do that? I don't even know you, friend." S-3 said innocently.

"I am not your friend. You used electro-fork thingy on me. And friends don't electro-fork thingy friends." Chase fought and I stepped around him.

"I don't remember that, but if I hurt you, I'm sorry." S-3 said as Adam joined us.

"Whoa, dude. Never apologize for hurting Chase." Adam smirked and I smacked Adam over the head, Chase wrapped his arm around me letting me lean against him.

"Wait. So do you remember anything?" Bree asked.

"I remember my name is S-3, these are my brothers and sisters, and we followed this smart guy here." He explained gesturing towards Adam and the rest of us all questioned the view of the soldiers.

"Well, he obviously doesn't remember what the word "smart" means." Bree laughed.

"They don't remember anything. It's like they're bionic blank slates." I said mostly to myself.

"Can we keep 'em? Most of 'em are potty-trained. S-27's still a work-in progress." Adam asked, sounding like a kid begging for puppies.

"No, we can't keep them. Just 24 hours ago, they were trying to destroy us." Chase fought.

"Plus, Mr. Davenport would freak out if he came home to 30 bionic soldiers." Bree added, she had a point.

"All right." He turned to the bionic army announcing, "S-30, take a hike. S's 1 through 29, welcome home."

"Forget Davenport, it's a really bad idea to keep them here. The government is looking for them. It's illegal to house them." I added.

"Fine, I'll get rid of them. Come on, dude, I'll help you pack your stuff." Adam groaned.

"We don't have any stuff." A soldier explained.

"Don't worry, I got you covered." Adam ran off and came back with a pile of Chase's clothes. "Here you go. Take as much as you want."

"Thank you." S-3 took the shirt that was handed to him. My favorite of Chase's flannels and another girl took my favorite one of Chase sweatshirts.