Chapter 17: Face Off

April 26th Mission Creek High School (Maddie's POV)-

"Morning." Chase met me at my locker this morning since I need to meet a teacher.

"Hey Beautiful." He kissed my temple. Now usually Chase would be taking everything for me or would be all flirty but recently Adam, Bree, and Chase had all become more popular. Meaning every time Chase and I were alone at school together other people would be taking his attention. Like right now.

People kept stopping by to talk to him, clearly I wasn't important enough. I closed my locker as Bree ran up to us.

"Guys, you will never believe what just happened. Jake Chambers asked me to the dance!" Once again I was waiting for Chase to ask me to the dance again.

"Jake Chambers! The Jake Chambers?" Chase said, faking excitement.

"Yes!" She added.

"Who's Jake Chambers?" Chase asked normally.

"The only guy who's even talked to me since people found out we were bionic. Apparently no one wants to date a girl who they think was unveiled at this year's auto show." Bree said dryly.

"Really we haven't dealt with that." Chase hummed.

"Speak for yourself." Adam groaned. "Every girl is afraid I'll break them and the ones who don't think I'm to dumb." Chase laughed and I smacked him over the head.

Adam and Chase wandered off as Jake came up to us. "Hey Bree."

"Oh, hey, Jake, what's up?" She said nervously.

Suddenly Adam's voice came over the school intercom as he mimicked Perry."Attention students: This is your principal, Principal Perry. Please report to the hallway where Bree Davenport is making a fool out of herself in front of the boy she has a crush on." A crowd of students had gathered and all laughed at Bree's embarrassment.

"I'm gonna just go." Jake fled the scene. Adam emerged from the office with a look of pride.

"Why would you do that?!" Bree exclaimed.

"Hey. If Perry were alive she'd want me to do this." Adam explained.

Bree rolled her eyes before explaining, "She's not dead. She's home with a cold."

"You don't know that. She could be dead by now, and this is how I choose to honor her." Adam pretended to wipe away a tear.

"Well, can't you embarrass someone else besides me?" Bree asked.

"I could." Adam smiled before walking over and panting Chase. "But I'm better than that."

Chase pulled up his jeans and I just left for class leaving the chaos behind.

Davenport Lab (Bree's POV)-

"Ugh. Adam is such a jerk. I can not believe that he embarrassed me in front of Jake." I groaned as I found Chase working in the lab.

"Yeah. You were doing just fine on your own." He added sarcastically. He pulled out a small black box. "Don't worry, I know the perfect way to get revenge. I have been working on an upgrade to Mr. Davenport's cybermasks. Now they're cybermasks and cloaks."

"That's not revenge. That's you being a nerd." He scoffed but handed me the box.

"These perfectly mimic the face and the body of the person you're pretending to be. Now you can impersonate Perry and bust Adam. Here is how I redesigned the electrical infrastructure." Chase started.

"Yeah, boring, let's get to the pain." I grabbed one of the cyber cloak chips and placed it on my neck.

"Okay. All I have to do is download a picture of Principal Perry and enter her height and weight." I looked at him and he explained. "I got it off the back of her trading card. She used to play hockey in Croatia. And voila."