Chapter 7: Sink or Swim Pt.2

Offshore Warehouse (Chase's POV)-

"So...this is where we'll be hiding out from the FBI. What do you think?" Mr. Davenport led out into a dark and messy warehouse. It really didn't seem like something he would have but I guess I'm glad we have somewhere to stay.

"I think we should update our tetanus shots." Bree quipped and I didn't completely disagree with her.

"Hey, where's Maddie and Leo? I thought you said they'd be here." I asked.

"Yeah, I kind of lied about that." I was confused until Mr. Davenport tapped the back of his neck deactivating the hidden cyber mask and revealing himself as Douglas Davenport. "Guess who?"

"Whoa! Awesome mask, Mr. Davenport! He looks just like his evil brother who captured us." Adam said once again not understanding the situation.

"That is his evil brother." Bree clarified.

"And he did just capture us." I explained dryly.

"Oh!" Adam said in realization.

"I don't get it. I thought you were an ice cube in Mr. Davenport's warehouse. How did you get out?" I asked. I needed some way of keeping Spike back. He absolutely hated Douglas for putting Maddie through everything he did. I could hear him growling beneath the surface but we didn't need Spike's blind rage right now.

"I had a little help." He explained smugly.

"It doesn't matter. We'll destroy this rat trap just like your last one." I said and my voice dropped a bit as Spike tried creeping out.

"Yeah, thanks for that. I didn't even have time to back up my music. Twenty years of up-tempo jazz, gone!" Douglas whined.

"Yeah? Well I know something else that's about to be gone." Adam, Bree, and I got into a fighting stance.

"Yeah. Let's get his reggae too." Adam threatened.

"Get him!" Bree shouted and the three of us charged towards douglas.

"Now!" He shouted before we could reach him and a tall man in a mask stepped out from behind him and shot us all with energy knocking us out.

. . .

I began to stir when I heard Douglas calling us. "Wakey-wakey. Eggs and bac-y. Actually it's just an expression. All we have to eat around here are nuts, berries and... the occasional barbequed iguana."

"Taunting us with non-existent breakfast foods? You really are evil! But I will take that barbecued iguana." Adam tried as we all got up off the floor. Whatever that guy did to us must have shut down our bionics while we were out because Spike was calmer than before.

"Wait! Who was that guy?" The more I thought about it the more I realized he did that with his hands no weapons.

"Oh, that's right. You haven't been formally introduced to my partner. Krane, come say hi to the kids." Douglas called to the area behind him.

"Wait, now we have three dads?" Adam asked as the masked figure emerged from the shadows.

"After I was booted from Davenport Industries, I needed cash to continue my research. Luckily, I found a billionaire who believed in me. Say hello to my colleague, benefactor, and all-around bad guy, Victor Krane." Douglas introduced him and Krane removed his mask revealing his disfigured face.

"Ugh." Adam said in disgust and we all stepped back.

"Dude, I have got to get you into a dermatologist." Douglas winced at his partner's appearance.