Prologue

Chasing Justice

Prologue

PROSECUTOR DANKWORTH

We started... "Pa-add sa gc, at pahingi na 'rin ng code for classroom. Thanks, future Mayor!"

To... "The once in a blue moon happened...one magna cum laude, three summa cum laude... and the rest are cum laude! Congratulations ONE-A! You have made your college proud!"

And we're still together through... "Pasado ang buong ONE-A sa PHILSAAAAAT!"

We never give up 'til we reach it. "TAGAY BUONG ONE A! Abogado na tayong lahat!"

Some became prosecutor...

International Lawyer...

Judge...

And Politicians...

We are a package. One for all, all for one.

United.

Connected.

Even we separated our paths, we know to ourselves that we are still one. The promise of each one of us was never bent.

"NEVER TURN INTO WHAT WE HATE."

Corruption.

but what if...

"SENATOR SUNSET HUXLEY was arrested for graft and plunder." The TV news headline was on my screen as I sip my coffee for that night. I almost dropped the cup I was holding because of surprise, and moments later, my phone was already receiving countless notifications I know who came from.

My eyes remained looking at the TV as I saw one of us, being arrested by the police, hands being tied together, avoiding her escape if she possibly would.

After a few minutes, I picked up my phone, and opened my messages. The first message I saw was from our President. The president of ONE-A since the beginning.

'Take Sunset's case as the prosecutor.'

The next day, I saw myself holding a file case, sitting not so comfortably on a chair, in front of a woman, and between us is a metallic table.

I looked at her.

At SUNSET HUXLEY.

Our Vice President.

Our second in command.

She looked fine. With her usual chill aura, playing with her own nails as she rested her back on the chair, waiting for me to talk. Actually, none of us was doing so. I was just looking at her, studying her actions, not because it's my part as a prosecutor, but because she is...one of us. She's...damn.

I'm worried of her.

"Ask right away so I can go back to my cell..." I heard her voice.

That's when I learned about her actions. Nothing has changed...except her voice. It was stone cold, as if she doesn't know me.

"What the hell, Sunset..." I muttered.

She just gave me a small cunning smile, challenging me.