CHAPTER SEVEN:GUILTY

CHAPTER SEVEN

GUILTY 

"A prosecutor is dating me, how lucky can I get?" Sunset poked my side while I was driving. It's two in the afternoon and we're having a simple date. Sunset wanted to leave the city for a while but I know better. She wanted to leave the city because of too much pressure. It might not be obvious of her but I know that she's pressured and nervous.

Today is the day of elections, and she's on the third list as winning senator for this coming term based on live reports. Bawal makita ang mga katulad niya sa kahit saang voting sites so she has a time to escape for a while. Maaga ang schedule ko sa voting so it's my free time already.

"Too lucky that you shouldn't let me go. Ever." I smirked at her and speed up a little bit.

She laughed and held my hand that was holding the gear. Imbis na hayaan ko lang ang ginawa niya ay hinawakan ko pabalik ang kamay niya. I brought it on my lips and kissed it.

Saglit ko siyang nilingon. "Are you good?" I asked.

"Kailan ba hindi?"

I didn't answer her. Napabuntong hininga na lang siya bago tumingin sa bintana. I thought she was going to sleep while I was holding her hand but she spoke after a while, but in a low voice.

"You'll stay with me, right?" She sounded like she's asking for an assurance.

I squeezed her hand. "Of course..." she doesn't have to ask that, because no matter how chaotic her new world could get, I already gave my promise to her that I wouldn't leave her side. I will always support her like I always do...she how she supported me.

Sunset fell asleep until we reached our destination, tagaytay. She had been busy ever since the campaign. Maraming gustong sumuporta sa kaniya at gusto talaga siyang manalo bilang Senator. She had to entertain them all, and she had to attend to every case that she will leave at work as a lawyer. May mga organization events din siyang ina-attendan dahil sa mga women advocacy siya. She can barely get sleep and she wouldn't go home not until tell her that I'm waiting for her in the parking lot. Tanging ngayon lang siya nagka-oras dahil busy ang buong sambayanan para sa election.

I woke her up, and waited for her to regain herself. Nagtakha ako nang maglabas ng mask si Sunset at inilugay ang full bangs niya sa noo. If I don't know Sunset, I wouldn't recognize her. After she was done, she went out of the car.

"What's that for?" I asked pertaining to her mask.

"People might know me, remember, I'm also Solace before Senator Sunset came into view, right?" she reminded me. Napabuntong hininga na lang ako at inakbayan siya,

Sunset is a vlogger back in college, and she was known for it. Most of her content are political, and women advocacies and concerns, that it caught the attention of wide range of people. Hindi siya tumingil kahit pa nasa Law school kami, at kahit naging abogado na siya. Her fans remained supporting her up until now. However, she has to stop being an advocate as she's already a sure win senator ever since she announced that she will run for that position.

"Kain muna tayo?" I asked.

Tumango siya. It's almost 5 in the afternoon. Malapit nang magdapit hapon. Sunset and I brought a takeout bulalo food at sa kotse kami kumain. Nang matapos ay dumiretso kami sa kilalang coffee shop kung saan may magandang view ang taal lake. Wala masiyadong tao sa deck kaya nagawang hubarin ni Sunset ang mask niya habang nakatukod ang parehong siko namin sa railings.