004. The Kid and The Witch.

ACT 2, CHAPTER 4.

▬▬▬▬▬

The two went out to the market while Corvus reserved them a room. The Pavor City was full of stalls instead of shops because of its small area. The house of the residents were located beside the forest. It wasn't the town for commerce but they have products that anyone rarely see in other cities.

Lily placed an order for a 20 bottles of mana juice and a couple more magical items before she took Roan to a dress shop. Roan wasn't that excited to get a new pair of clothes, he was more excited to roam around the marketplace. It was his first time going out of town after all.

"Calm down, child. We need you to get measured first," Lily said, ruffling his hair.

Roan pouted as he stood still. The young lady in charge of measuring the customers smiled. It wasn't her first time seeing a child act like this, but she finds him cute. Once she was done, she quickly wrote his measures and went to the counter to grab their shop's catalogue.

"We have different clothing material and designs that will suit you and the child, milady."

Lily took the catalogue from her then she held Roan's small hand with her free hand. The young lady brought them to the parlour room of the shop, so they could enjoy checking out the catalogue.

The other staffs served some refreshments for the both of them. Roan was enjoying the sweets and tea while Lily was busy checking the catalogue. It wasn't her first time choosing a dress for someone since she was the one who chose her servants dresses.

Lily would glance at Roan whenever she finds a cute pair of clothes. She was trying to envision if the clothes will suit him.

"I want all of them on his size and bring them at the Holdem Inn." She closed the catalogue and handed it back to the staff.

"At Holdem Inn? To which room?" The staff confirmed.

"Just tell them that it's for Madame Lily."

Lily have chosen a middle class type of clothes in a light shaded tone. There were also dark shaded ones and all of them were suitable for young kids like Roan. Middle class type of clothes looked fancier than normal clothes with a few jewel decorations like the upper class clothes.

'I'll just order another set of clothes at my own shop.' She thought as she drank her tea.

Once they were done, Lily gave the payment via cheque to the staff then they went out to stroll. The two looked like a pair of kids lost in the wonders of the marketplace. There were a lot of stalls that got their attention, like the stalls for street foods, the toy stalls, the jewelry stalls and many more.

Lily would buy some things on the stalls that they were passing buy. She would also purchase the things that Roan wanted to try, eat or just buy. They were almost done checking every stall on the marketplace and Roan was now starting to wonder if Lily was really paying the stalls. Or if it was her magic she's using, like how their shopping bags disappear after paying it.

So he asked her. "Lily. How do you pay them?" He looked up to her as he ate his meat skewers.

"By money," Lily answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I mean..." Roan ruffled his hair a bit then he pouted. "I mean, where do you get the money?"

Lily forwned at the cotton candy she was eating because of his question. She chuckled softly. "I have lots of money. You can buy anything you want and it still won't run out," she answered proudly.

Roan only gazed at her with suspicion. Lily saw his expression, so she smacked his head. "It's my own money, you idiot. Stop thinking of nonsensical stuff."

Roan frowned as he patted his head, soothing the part she smacked. He wasn't saying anything yet, but she reacted as if she was confirming his thoughts. He sneered at her after finishing his lamb skewers.

He got hungry again when he saw another food stall. Roan was about to ask Lily to buy him another food when he noticed that he was alone. He tried to call for her, but Lily wasn't responding. He was alone in the middle of the crowd and he felt scared.

Was it because he was thinking bad of her money? Did he ask her too much earlier? Or was it his foul mouth? Did she really left him?

Roan was starting to feel anxious. He tried going back to the last stall they went to, hoping that Lily was there searching for him as well. Unfortunately, the small child couldn't find the stall. It seemed like he had lost his way because of the crowd around him.

And the stares of the people around him was adding to his nervousness.

The anxiousness was starting to fill him, frightening him with his thoughts. His head would turn from every side in hopes that he would spot her. There was that desperation crawling back up to him as he wished for her to find him.

A loud hiccup escaped his lips when he felt someone grabbing him by his shoulder. It was a man that looked thrice older than Lily. He was wearing plain clothes and a suspicious grin on his face.

"You seem lost, kid. Do you need help?"

Roan shook his head and he tried to move away from the man. But because of their huge size difference, he was unable to overpower his grip.

"Come on. Let this big brother help you." The man was now dragging him to a dark alley.

Roan was still trying to pull his arm from his grip and to the man's annoyance, he hit the little child on the stomach with his knee. The child whimpered in pain as he fell on the ground. As he lose his sight, Roan could see the man stumbling on his own feet.

The last thing he heard was the familiar voice of Lily cursing.