008. The Riddleman Estate.

ACT 3, CHAPTER 8.

▬▬▬▬▬

It has been a month since Levi was separated from his master and a few days since he received that letter from his master. He has been busy managing the mansion with Luca and the two would always end up arguing endlessly. Luca has a really bad temper combined with a childish personality, while Levi has this superiority instinct that he adapted because of the need to take care of the three of them. And that's what Luca hated.

"I'm an Alpha! Why should I follow another beast other than my master?!" Luca's argument would always go like this. And Levi wouldn't have any choice but to force him down, literally.

He was indeed superior to him for being an ancient beast and compared to Luca, Lily entrusted extra abilities to Levi. Abilities to punish the beasts if they ever act out, like how Luca was doing.

"How long do you plan on doing this, Levi?!" Luca shouted.

He has been on the ground for hours now. He couldn't move nor use his powers because it was the master's will that Levi was using to punish him. Levi, on the other hand, was busy with the paper works, as usual.

It has been a month since they purchased the mansion and a month since the two took care of it. They also purchased a toy company and a dress shop, as per Lily's orders. It was already set that they would now live in the Velacian City, which is why they are starting to build a fund house for them, like what they did before they left Pruvian City, a city in the Erden Kingdom and the previous place they lived.

Riddles Toy Store and Wanderland Dress Shop were the names of the stores they now owned. The Blackwood triplets were the ones assigned to watch over the toy store while a mysterious lady by the name Madame Revain was the one in charge of the dress shop. The Blackwood triplets has abilities that will be able to protect themselves and the shop, while Madame Revain is a trusted person that Lily personally hired.

Levi also purchased a building near the road to their mansion. It was for the small group that Lily managed, the Crimson Lily. It was the previous group they've created and used when they needed to cover Lily's killings. And now that the master seemed to find a way to control her urges, Crimson Lily is currently stationed as an information guild in the City of Velician.

A black raven landed on Levi's office desk. The raven was holding a rolled parchment paper on its beak. He checked his pocket watch first to make sure that it was the same raven he was waiting for.

"3:14. On time, like what master said," he whispered to himself.

He took the rolled parchment paper from the raven's beaks then he snapped his fingers, releasing Luca. Luca grunted as he rolled on the floor then laid down on his back. Levi sat on his chair as he read the paper.

"Luca. Make sure to prepare the master's bedroom and another room beside it. Master's arrival might come sooner," Levi said.

There was a frown on his face as he wrote her a reply.

"What's with the face?" Luca inquired when he noticed his crumpled face.

Instead of answering him, Levi threw the parchment paper to Luca. Luca clicked his tongue as he catched the paper and read it. Levi was in the middle of tying his reply around the raven's leg when Luca burst out laughing.

"Is this serious? Did master found a human pet? Why is she bringing such weak creature in here?"

Levi only rolled his eyes. The raven flew out of the window and vanished in the air.

"Don't speak on that way when the master arrives. Her reply indicated how serious she was. I also heard from Corvus that the child seemed important to the master," Levi warned him, ending his trail of laughter.

Luca wiped the tear from his eyes, the outcome of his intense laughter then he looked at him with a serious face. "Are we allowing this? What if the master gets hurt because of that child?"

Levi shook his head then he remove his glasses, placing it down on the desk. "We're not going to do anything because it's the master's will. You'll understand it once they arrive."

Luca couldn't argue anymore. He only bowed to him and left, proceeding to do his task.

"Find everything about the child. We need it before master's arrival," Levi ordered, wearing his glasses again.

The person Levi was talking to instantly move after receiving his orders and he was left alone in his office, doing another set of paper works.

▬▬▬

After the incident of Roan almost getting kidnapped, Lily developed a sense of protectiveness towards the child. Roan became clingy to her as well. Sometimes, Corvus and Iris would even wonder if the two were actually a pair of mother and son that were separated in the past. But of course, that would be absurd. Unless if Levi would confirm that theory, he was the one who served her first anyway.

Lily watched Roan as he copied the letters she wrote on the paper. She was teaching him the imperial language of Abyssian Empire. Roan was still seven, but he already wanted to learn how to write, which Lily approved.

They were now on their way to the City of Velician, the location of their new home. Lily have decided not to take any other routes that she originally planned to avoid attracting any other dangers. She was afraid that she might go berserk once again if Roan gets in danger. A sigh caught on her lips when she remembered their attack on that organization. She barely managed to pull herself together when the unconscious image of Roan popped on her mind.

The world should thank the little guy for being the one to stop the boiling anger inside Lily that day. If he hadn't called for her then Lily won't snap back to herself.

Corvus and Iris were inside of the caravan with them, the only ones outside were the devil horses. The devil horses can travel in the right direction even without a driver, so it was possible for Lily to cover the whole wagon, making it invisible from the eyes of the people.

They passed the gates of the Kingdom of Monally and were now on their way to Velician City. Lily wasn't excited to know how close they are since she received Levi's letter from the raven she dispatched.

"Master has to give Levi enough reasons in order for Levi to approve that child's adoption."

'Ah... Levi and his cute way of writing.' She sighed, her mind drifting to figure out a way to get his approval.