006. The Kid and The Witch.

ACT 2, CHAPTER 6.

▬▬▬▬▬

The night was still young and bright, a contradiction to Lily's mood. While Roan was still unconscious, she have decided to do something. She left Iris to take care of the child and asked Corvus to come with him. The two travelled using Lily's black circles of teleportation. They planned to take down the headquarters of the organization in Pavor City.

Ebony had shredded the man into pieces and swallowed him and thanks to that Ebony was able to shapeshift and mimic the man's physical appearance.  They traced the man's initial location using her magic and they were able to find the headquarters hiding in the forest of Pavor City.

"Did you send the notice to them?" Lily asked.

Corvus bowed his head then he placed his left hand across his chest. "They looked into it and found the headquarters, master. The location we traced was correct and the other headquarters were in Monally and Abergeldie Kingdom."

His master chuckled as she shook her head. It was odd, but their new home was built in the city between these two Kingdoms. She gave the letter back to Corvus, thinking that she should read it later when they get back. Corvus took it from her and hid it inside his chest pocket.

Lily was unsure of the reason she was doing this. Truthfully, it has only been a month since the two had met each other and travelled together, but there was this weird connection linking the two. Lily, at first, thought of throwing the kid in some city and giving him enough money to surive by himself. However, something within her stopped her.

It was her first time being needed by someone, maybe that was the reason she couldn't let go of him. Somehow, she was worried that the remaining humanity inside of her that was responding to the child's calls might really disappear if she lets go of his hand. It was, after all, the only remembrance she has from her former life.

"Lily, too much fondness will only ruin you again," the darkness whispered inside of her as memories of her former life flashed on her mind.

Lily chuckled to herself then she shook her head as she tries to brush off the words of that dark voice whispering within her. It was needed, distancing herself to anyone, but now that she had finally found some purpose in her life, she couldn't just let it go.

'Levi might kill me if he finds out about the kid,' she thought. 'I mean, if he could.'

The two arrived at their destination, the two-storey building that's located in the deepest part of the Pavor Forest. They stood hidden on the shadows of the huge trees while they look around. There were men outside carrying weapons. Based on their clothes, Lily deduced that the men were mercenaries hired by the organization.

"You take the men outside and I'll go inside," Lily said. Corvus changed into his raven form after accepting her orders, he felt more comfortable with this form.

Corvus flew towards the men then Lily disappeared using her black smokes and went into the building. Corvus was left outside. He wasn't alone since he has the ability to summon his raven armies. With his call, a black circle appeared and his armies of ravens flew out of it. The armed men were surprised to see a flock of ravens flew towards them.

They tried to drive them away by waving their swords, but the ravens won't just budge. Corvus gave them the signal by shouting and the ravens attacked the armed men. They pecked on their skin, their heads and even pecked their eyes out.

On the other hand, Lily successfully infiltrated their headquarters. She was now gathering any important papers she can find and take. Her group will be able to use it if ever someone asks them to investigate the upper organization.