013. Captured and Tied.

ACT 5, CHAPTER 13.

▬▬▬▬▬

It was the coldest night that Levi had experienced since their arrival in Velician City. He was still in his office, finishing the last pile of paper works he needed to sign for their shops. Lily wasn't around, so he needed to take over her duty as the head of the house.

Levi removed his square-rimmed glasses then he shuts his eyes as he rests his back against his chair. His right hand was holding his glasses, while his other hand gave his temples a gentle massage. It has been 48 hours or so since their plan had started. It hasn't really been that long since Lily was abducted by the Monally Knights, but he was already itching to get them back.

"Arrived." He heard the wind whispering.

He wore his glasses once again then his head turned to the window. A glint of excitement was evident on his crimson eyes as he gazed outside. The leaves were dancing because of the rushed breeze of the wind. With a sigh escaping his lips, Levi stood from his seat and went out of his office.

He took gentle steps as he strode down the hallway. The whole estate was as silent as the darkness and he liked it that way. It was adding to the thrilling excitement that's about to invade them. Levi snapped his fingers as he stopped at the top of the grand staircase.

Celosia, Constancia and Cerridheia appeared beside him, their heads lowered as they await their master's orders.

"The time has come. Make sure to clean up after," Levi uttered those words as if the three were just about to tend the garden.

The three little witches bowed to him and answered in unison, "Yes, master." The darkness engulfed them in a blink.

Levi was still standing atop the staircase, he was facing the main door. His arms were carefully placed behind his back and his body proudly straightened. He lifted his leg a little before he made a couple of tapping sound with the heel of his shoes. And a swarm of shadows erupted under him, scattering within the estate.

Outside the Riddleman Estate were a group of knights hiding in the shadows. They were the special knights of the King ordered to wipe out the Riddlemans. Surely, they'd be able to complete their mission in less than an hour because of how skilled and trained they were.

Or so they thought.

The special knights were divided into four groups that consisted of 10 knights each. The four groups were targeting each corner of the estate from outside. They steathily crept and walked past the high walls and invaded the Riddleman property in an instant. They gave their knights the signal to infiltrate inside the manor.

However, the knights weren't responding to the acting leaders of the four groups. It was as if, they were deprived of a way to speak. The leaders looked back on the direction of their knights and they were astonished to witness a bloody mess behind them.

Celosia, Constancia, and Cerridheia took each corner of the estate, while Levi took the back part of the mansion. The three little witches watched from the darkness as the knights invaded their estate. Before the knights could even find a way to infiltrated inside, the three had begun their attacks.

Making sure not to spread too much blood, Cerridheia used a dark spell to stop the beating of their hearts permanently. Constancia used her ability to control the knights movements on her side and had them stab themselves. Celosia, being the wildest, took their hearts out using her bare hands. And Levi, with the shadows he called, collected the knights' souls. He was thinking of feeding them to Ebony once the master returns.

All were going according to their plan on their side. Meanwhile, Lily was having a hard time in deciding whether to move or wait. And that gave her the nightmare she never wished for.

▬▬▬

Lily spat in front of the Knight General. She had received, again, another beating from Knight Laurent. And it was seriously pissing her off. She dispatched Ebony to save Roan from the room where he was kept and it was taking too long for Ebony to send her the signal. Lily wanted to escape the palace instead of doing anything bloody. She wanted to spare the little boy's mind from witnessing another massacre, but it seems like patience was testing her.

She was too caught up on her thoughts that she didn't notice another kick coming from her torturer. It was making her miserable and pitiful already. Lily was losing her patience when she felt a weird shiver down her spine. Ebony had returned to her shadow, and it seemed like he was attacked.

Lily could feel a weird sense of anxiousness brushing at the tips of her nerves. Her head throbbed a little. She was worrying for some unknown reasons. She released her chained wrists and ankles by using her dark threads. She lifted her head a little as she slowly unseal her left eye. She glared at the annoying knights gaping at her when her odd eye was revealed. And with her command, the shadows that her servants planted beforehand them in a swift move.

Their heads were neatly cut off by the shadow threads, cutting them the pleasure of screaming. Lily brushed her hair back then she stood up and dusted her ruined clothes. In a blink, her tattered clothes and bruised body returned back to normal, looking as good as new with her eye patch now covering her left eye again. Her dark smokes swallowed her and brought her to where Roan was locked. Unfortunately, the room where she last saw him was now empty.

With frustration boiling her now clouded head, Lily teleported to Roan, following the tracking magic she secretly placed on him before. It brought her to the throne room where the King of Monally was.

"Ah. It seemed that you have accepted my invitation," said the King then he attacked her with his shadow creature.

Lily frowned as she quickly stepped back, avoiding the tentacle-like shadow that attacked her. Despite the sudden attack, she was still focused on searching for the little child. Lily almost lost her focus when she saw Roan unconscious and bleeding on the floor.

She felt her rage consume her.