014. Last Man Standing.

ACT 6, CHAPTER 14.

▬▬▬▬▬

King Gazelian caught a glimpse of a shadow eavesdropping on them through his own shadow, Greed. His thick brows creased together as he stared at the shadow. When the shadow disappeared, he quickly turned to the Queen and Laurent, who were watching him curiously.

"Is there any problem, Your Majesty?" Laurent asked. But the King ignored his question.

"Proceed with the plan. Torture the woman until she dies then kill everyone in the Riddleman Estate," King Gazelian ordered.

Laurent bowed to him. "I heed your command, Your Majesty." He left after.

King Gazelian was left with Queen Victoria. The Queen approached him closer to hug him. The King stood stifly as her arms wrapped around him.

"I'm going to kill the prince," he whispered as he hugged her back. It was a sudden confession that made her nervous.

King Gazelian could feel that something bad might happen because of that shadow he saw. He could feel a bad omen approaching him and his Kingdom. Just to make sure and to ease his anxiousness, he have decided to kill the remaining royal blood of the Abergeldie Kingdom. That will seal off his throne as the future Emperor once he unites the two Kingdoms and turn it into his very own Empire.

The Queen was left in the King's office, while the King went to where the child was locked.

"Bring the child with you to the throne room. If what I'm feeling is right, that shadow came from the woman you captured." A shrill voice whispered to him.

Gazelian clicked his tongue in annoyance. What creature did they truly drag into their palace? This would've been prevented on the first day if he just spared a minute of his time to check the lady. Then he wouldn't be feeling this kind of anxiousness.

"Just do your part of the deal. Make sure to protect me. That was our deal anyway," Gazelian retorted.

He reached the room at the end of the west wing. Gazelian quickly opened the door and inside, he saw a motionless child lying on the floor. He scoffed, grabbing the child's attention. There was a dead look on his eyes as he looked up to the man who invaded the room.

Aside from the child, Greed noticed the shadow lurking beside the kid. It was the same shadow that they've spotted at the King's office. Greed used his tentacle arms to attack the shadow. Oddly, the shadow didn't fought back and just disappeared in a blink.

Gazelian's shadow creature grabbed the kid with its black tentacle-like hands and they dragged him to the throne room. It seemed like the shadow creature called Greed was planning on attacking the lady. Greed could feel that the lady would escape from prison and search for the kid.

And he wasn't wrong.

As Gazelian's patience run out, he relentlessly beat the life out of the kid. He kept on kicking his small frame, making the child vomit with blood. He only stopped when he felt a weird presence approaching them.

"Ah. It seemed that you have accepted my invitation," said the King then he attacked her with his shadow creature.

Greed attacked her with his tentacle shadow arms, which Lily successfully avoided. Gazelian grinned widely as he saw her gaze falling on the bloodied child beside him. His proud stance irked Lily more, which was a very wrong move for him.

Lily's hands clenched as she glared at the man standing in front of her. Dark fire burned around her, engulfing her body. It burned the knot tying the eye patch that covered her left eye.