015. Last Man Standing.

ACT 6, CHAPTER 15.

▬▬▬▬▬

[ A FEW MONTHS LATER ]

The City of Monally was slowly being rebuilt with the help of the City of Abergeldie. The two Kingdoms were now united to form a new Empire under the rulership of their new ruler. It was a few months prior to this when the citizens of Monally witnessed the incident where a huge fire that came out of nowhere burned the whole palace.

The nobles and their knights tried to kill the fire, but the fire was only burning even more whenever they were pour tons of water to kill it. It was as if the fire was making sure that no one would survive inside the palace. When the fire died on its own, the Monally nobles directed their knights to search the burned palace.

Unfortunately, no one from the King's faction survived, which was a delight to them. However, there was no one to inherit the throne or someone passable to serve as their puppet. The noble faction was thrown into chaos as they look for a way to find any blood relative of the King. To their luck, the Queen was found by one of the knights that the leader of the noble faction, Count Lewis, dispatched.

She was found unconscious in the forest near the palace. The Queen was brought to the Count's Estate to rest. She didn't really want to come back, especially after witnessing the whole incident that happened before the fire. But what could she do? She might die if she refuses to accept the noble faction's request by acting as their puppet Queen.

When she had regained her whole strength was the time when an uninvited guest appeared at the Count's Estate. Roan, rather, Angelico visited her along with a golden-haired man. He was a mere child, but the innocence of a child that he should be showing was now gone. What surprised her more was the deal he proposed to her.

"I'll save you from their greediness. All you have to do is act like a mother and the regent until I'm old enough to take the throne."

It wasn't a bad deal for someone awful like her. The Queen didn't took anymore time to think and quickly accepted his conditions. Angelico promised to come back to take her with him. And it took him a month to do so. Once their preparations were completed, Roan gave the orders to capture his mother from the hands of the nobles.

On the other hand, Roan and Levi went on their way to the Abergeldie Kingdom where he reintroduced himself to the people. The people of Abergeldie were surprised and happy to see that the remaining prince was alive. They've accepted him as quickly as he returned.

The remaining nobles of the Abergeldie Kingdom that remained loyal to the Gothenbury Royal Family made the preparations to reannounce the remaining royal prince. The nobles of the Monally Kingdom were planning to take the young prince down, but then, Levi made an extra announcement.

He revealed to the people that he was the one who killed the Monally Kingdom's King for the sake of the prince. The Queen was also present at that time and she admitted that she had contributed to the said act of treason and assassination, leaving the nobles with no other choice.

Roan changed his name from Angelico Gothenbury to Roan Riddleman. Then he was crowned the next ruler at the age of 7 and his ex-mother, the Queen of Monally, as the Queen Regent. Their first royal act was to unite the two kingdoms and turn it into one empire. The union took two months before it was officially recognized by everyone. And from there, the two kingdoms were renamed as the Britannian Empire.

The Riddleman Estate stayed at the City of Velician that soon became the capital of the Empire. Their special group, Crimson Lily, kept their new job description as an Information Guild in the capital and they soon became famous to those seeking their assistance. Lily's servants remained still under Levi's command and Roan's protection. They were still waiting for the day of their master's return from hell.

▬▬▬

"It's because you killed the third demon lord Greed," Solaris frowned at her.

Lily clicked her tongue as she slumped on the chair across her brother's. After her mortal life was taken and transferred to Roan's dying body, she had become a full fledged demon, something she had expected. But what astonished her was the fact that she needed to fill in for the position of that demon lord Greed that she just killed.

It was a rule that she was unaware of. Though, by taking that, she will be able to gain endless access to the door of the mortal realm. The only thing that she was unable to accept was the duty of taking care of the third circle of hell. She was one hell of a lazy creature, the reason why Levi was the one taking care of her duties before.

Lily was grumbling as she crossed her arms against her chest then she heard Solaris sigh.

"Scarlette said that she'll take on the duty of becoming your secretary if you take the oath now," Solaris added.

Lily glared at him, assessing if his words were true. Well, surely, the new demon lord of the greed circle will be announced in hell soon. And the Riddleman servants wouldn't have to wait that long for their mistress' return.