Round Two

Dark

Nora Valkyrie opens her eyes

Nora Valkyrie opens her eyes. Her vision blurry. She blinks a few times before opening her eyes fully to see her arm covered in burn marks.

Klein: No need to worry, miss. You and your friend are going to be just fine.

Klein glances down after adjusting some medical tubes. Nora's vision turns to the sound of a door being opened. Blake is opening a door for Ruby, Weiss, Raven, Whitley, and Y/N who are carrying an unconscious

Penny Polendina.

Blake: She lost consciousness. And she's... leaking.

Klein: Set her down, set her down.

Y/N sets Penny down on a bed next to Nora's. Whitley is shown grimacing at the green fluid that stains his clothes. Ruby and Weiss do the same. Y/N turns to Raven with a serious face and walks over to talk to her.

Ruby: Can you help her?

Klein scans Penny with his scroll, which locates an injury at her waist. His eyes are red as he assesses the damage.

In the background, Raven can be seen nodding at Y/N and Y/N putting one arm over her to hug her. They release from the hug and Raven exits the room.

Klein: Even based on what you've told me, I hardly know what she is.

He coughs, and his eyes turn from red to brown. Y/N walks over to the group and rests his fists on the sides of his waist.

Klein: Ahem, but, her basic anatomy seems similar enough. I can at least stitch up that wound.

A thundery crash sounds from outside. Everyone present glances in the direction. The power suddenly goes out.

Y/N: Well, that's convenient.

Ruby takes out her ringing scroll. May Marigold's voice comes through.

May: Everyone okay back there? Just saw another bombing run light up the kingdom.

Ruby glances out the window.

Ruby: Looks like part of the city lost power. We're okay though.

May is shown piloting a Manta through a sky filled with clashing Grimm and Atlesian aircraft.

May: Sorry I couldn't stick around, but time's running out for everyone in the crater.

Ruby: No, we're sorry. Once we know what's wrong with Penny, we'll... we'll do something.

As Ruby speaks, May watches as a distant Tempest tear apart an Atlesian Airship.

May: Don't beat yourself up, kid. At this point—I don't know how much is left to be done.

As May ends the call, Ruby starts to tear up.

Ruby: It's all just... too much. The Grimm, the crater, Nora, Penny... How do we fix all of it?