Fight For What's Right

(Not my art, this chapter isn't mainly focused on Y/N)

Y/N

Y/N wakes up from his sleep and sighs as he looks around his new room. He gets up and goes downstairs to brew some coffee.

Y/N gets the coffee packet and rips it open, he pours the ground coffee into a cup and boils water. He waits until the kettle made it's high-pitched noise and turns off the stove.

Qrow comes downstairs and sits on the couch, still very sleepy.

Y/N rips open another packet and pours it's insides into another cup, he pours the hot water into the cup.

Y/N grabs the two cups and walks over to Qrow, he sets down Qrow's cup in front of him.

Qrow: Thanks. (grabs the cup and blows onto the cup)

Y/N: Your welcome. (goes to the balcony and drinks the coffee)

The hot coffee burns his tongue but Y/N doesn't mind, after all; he's been shot at, blown away by bombs, stabbed numerous times, fallen from numerous buildings and high places.

The next person to come down was Ruby, very unusual for her.

Y/N: Ruby.. You're up early..

Ruby: Oh, yeah.. (scratches the back of her head) I haven't been sleeping well..

Silence.

Y/N: You want coffee?

Ruby: O-Oh, no thanks! I-I don't drink coffee..

Y/N nods and walks away. Ruby sighs deeply and sits down next to Qrow.

Qrow: Wow, you used to date him?

Ruby: (lightly punches Qrow) S-Shut up! I didn't know he was your adopted father.

Qrow: I don't mind.

Ruby: Really? You don't?

Qrow: Why would I? You and him aren't technically related, so it's fine.

Ruby: But he's technically your father.

Qrow: Ehh.. he's like a father figure, I mean anyone can be a father figure.

Ruby: True. True. But I'm underage.

Qrow: Yeah.. That's the problem.

Qrow and Ruby shift their gaze at Y/N who was out sitting and drinking in the balcony.

Qrow: Can't imagine what it feels like to be him.

Ruby: (looks at Qrow) What do you mean?

Qrow: Yeah, I mean.. He's one of the last of his kind, and he's been hunted for all of his.. well.. life. He's just like a rare animal. (takes a sip of his coffee)

Ruby stays quiet.

Qrow: You should tell your friends to cut the annoying talk about him being a murderer. Your sister too.

Ruby: Uhh, that won't be easy..

Qrow: Yeah, but him being here is already such a big help for us. We don't want to lose him, trust me. I'm surprised Raven let him go so easily. (takes another small sip from his cup)

Ruby: What do you mean?

Qrow: (chuckles and sets down his cup) Guess he didn't exactly fill you in much about his life, huh?

Qrow relaxes and leans back into the couch and Ruby listens intently to his story.

Qrow: When I was a kid, he used to tell me stories about people who fought in the war, I always thought it was just a fairy-tale. But, as me and Raven got older, he eventually told us that it was his story. So all of these stories about this seemingly unstoppable warrior fighting in the great war, was of him. Well.. I passed the stories down to you didn't I?