Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 2

Y/N was playing with his cigar in the front seat when he reaches the ruined city. "Ok, now.. where to find the camp," Y/N says to himself as he switches to the pilot-seat.

Y/N opens up his comms. "Dr. Oobleck, come in," Y/N says. "Yes, this is Oobleck speaking," Oobleck responds. "I'm having trouble finding the smoke, I'll ground this Bullhead at a spot and search on land," Y/N says.

"Understood, we'll set up your sleeping bag," Oobleck says. "Do you have another spare?" Y/N asks. "Yes, why? Did you find someone? Someone of interest?" Oobleck asks. "Uhh... yeah, let's call it that," Y/N says as he looks at his daughter.

"This is excellent news! Very well, we will set up two sleeping bags as soon as you get here," Oobleck says. "Alright, thanks doc," Y/N says as he ended the conversation.

Y/N goes to pick up his jacket, he wakes Laura up. "Hmm? Oh, it's you. Where are we landing?" Laura asks as she lies back down. "Don't know, just need a clearing.. or just crash the damn thing," Y/N says. "Heh, whatever you say," Laura closes her eyes.

"Hey! no dozing off, I'm not carrying you," Y/N says. "Just a few more minutes," Laura turns to face the other way. "Come on, you're not a 5 year old," Y/N says. "Ugh, fine. God, you're such a clichè," Laura says.

"Clichè? I'm a clichè? Says the emo-teenager girl," Y/N says. "I am not a teenager!" Laura says. "Nor am I emo!" She clarifies.

"There, that looks like a spot," Y/N says as he looks outside the window. "We're talking about this later," Laura says before heading to the cockpit.

The aircraft lands and the two walks out. Y/N pulls out his flask. "Jeez dad, now is not the time," Laura exclaimed. "Hey, I've drank for all my life and I don't even get affected by it," Y/N says. "Well... aren't you going to let me try?" Laura asks.

"Fine, just this once," Y/N says, he hands her his flask. Laura drinks it and immediately spits it back out. "Urgh! What the fuck! How do you drink this shit?!" Laura says. "It's not usually this bad, I just mix my drinks a lot," Y/N says as he pours his alcohol out. The two began to walk.

"So where are we headed?" Laura asks. "I'm trying to find a campfire smoke, or something in the likes of that," Y/N says. "I can't get a scent. We should get to the high-ground," Laura says, as she runs to the nearest hill.

"Where did they say their camp is?" Laura asks. "They said they were in a city," Y/N says. "Then we should probably go that way," Laura says as she points at the city. "You can run, right?" Y/N asks.

Timeskip

The two were racing in the woods, both had the same speed but Laura gained a slight advantage since she was younger, slimmer, and her bones weren't made out of.. idk, the strongest metal on remnant?

"Well, aren't you going to keep up, dad?!" Laura teases. "Shut the fuck up before I knock you out again!" Y/N says as Laura laughs.

The two finally reached the city. The city was all destroyed and all what was left was ruins. "Wow, and to think that the Grimm did this," Laura says. "Yeah," Y/N says as he looks around his surroundings. "Hey, I'm gonna go up, be right back," Laura says before climbing a tall building.

Y/N looks at the ground and feels a slight vibration. "What the hell?" Y/N asks to himself. Laura jumps down from the building and approaches her father. "I think I found them," Laura says. "Yeah? Well-" Y/N starts before standing up. "I think we should get some rest," Y/N says.

Meanwhile at Team RWBY and Dr. Oobleck

"I don't know, either. I know what I want to do, but I figured I'd always take things one step at a time," Blake says, referring to her answer to Dr. Oobleck's simple question: "Why did you want to become a huntress,"