Chapter 16: The Awakening!

*Natsumi's POV*

It didn't take long for us to get there, which surprised us because we didn't see any of the Sakamaki brothers along the way, so that made things a whole lot easier for us.

Either way, we did our best to be as discreet as possible so we wouldn't get ourselves caught.

Once we reached a building that looked like a church on the outside, Ichigo jumped off Ayumi's back and watched with the rest of us as we saw a couple of bats flying above the small building.

"This is it, you guys." I whispered.

"Definitely getting some creepy vibes from this place." Ayumi spoke in a low tone.

Sakura hummed in thought. "You're not wrong there. The aura around here doesn't feel right."

"So, this is the awakening?" Shu's laugh rang through the area. "Women are terrifying. Strawberry Shortcake is a prime example of that at times, you know? I'm all worked up in spite of myself. You're impressive."

"Shu, stop!" Ichigo yelled before running (yes, she was literally running. I couldn't believe it myself either) to the creepy building in front of us.

I ran with the others to follow behind Ichigo and stopped at the entrance, watching as Shu drank Yui's blood.

Ichigo fell to her knees and looked at Shu in disbelief, sadness, and  hurt. "We're too late..."

"What do you mean by 'awakening'?" Yui asked in confusion. "Tell me!"

I walked over to Yui with Emiko, while Sakura and Ayumi stayed with Ichigo, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Nothing for you to worry about. Right, Emiko and Usagi-chan?" I gave Emiko and Usagi-chan a tight smile.

Emiko nodded slowly. "That's right."

Shu moved away from Yui and sat up straight with his eyes closed. "No sacrificial bride has ever survived to the point of awakening."

"Sacrificial bride?" Yui asked. "What is the real reason I'm here? Does my father have a strong connection to your family?"

Shu ignored her and stood up, then made his way over to Ichigo before picking her up bridal style, making her blush. "I'm sorry you had to see that Strawberry Shortcake, but it had to be done."

"Just like it said on the toilet paper..." Ichigo whispered.

Shu opened his eyes and looked at Ichigo a little confused. "What toilet paper?"

I sighed and turned to face him. "It's just some old scroll that looked a little warn out and used over the years that had a lot of information on it about...certain things."

Ayumi chuckled and placed her hands on her hips. "But we call it toilet paper because it looked like someone had used it to wipe their ass with it several times."

Sakura started laughing. "Damn straight."

"There's a lot of questions we want answers to after reading through it together." Emiko said while looking down at Usagi-chan in her arms. "We know the answers to some of the questions, but not all of them."

Shu sighed and placed Ichigo on the ground, but placed his arms round her shoulders and rest his chin above Ichigo's head, not wanting to let her go. Ichigo didn't to protest as she leaned back a little into his touch and folded her arms across her chest.