Final Chapter: Working Together! [Part 2]

[Part 2]

*Sakura's POV*

I stood there frozen in place. My body wasn't allowing me to move after hearing the words he just said.

It's hard to believe that Satan of all people had mate of his own, who just so happened to be my mother. Not the one who raised me as her own, but the one who passed away after giving birth to me.

I can see it in his eyes; pain, sadness, and a little anger in there, too.

Could he be angry at himself, maybe?

Before I could open my mouth to say something, Cordelia interrupted me. "I hate to break this little reunion, but I'm afraid your time is up. Richter, kill them all."

"Do you swear to make me the next head of the family if I kill them?"

Cordelia nodded. "Yes."

"That's strange." Cordelia's face fell, but she didn't say anything, and instead, waited for him to continue. "Wasn't that already one of the terms of our agreement when I saved you as you lay dying? You swore that if I saved your life, you would put me on the throne."

Satan chuckled. "I didn't think you would be so naive as to buy into her lies, Richter. You know, this is more amusing than dealing with the dead-Oh, wait...we're dealing with one of them right now, who just so happens to go by the name 'Cordelia'!"

Cordelia moved closer to Richter and hugged his left arm, trying to distract him from what Satan just said. "Richter, I will do anything you desire. Now hurry up and dispose of these half-breeds so that the boys suffer watching their beloved mates die before they too, endure the same fate. Do it for me."

Ayumi clicked her tongue. "Tch, I don't think so!"

"You are a fool." Cordelia looked at Richter in shock. "You are useless to me in your less-than pristine condition. All I need is your heart. As long as I awaken the girl who has your heart and make her mine, I can become the next head of the family without your assistance."

Cordelia took a step back and looked at him in confusion and realisation. "Did you plan this from the moment I entrusted you with my heart?"

"Did you only just realise?"

Can't you tell by the look on her face? "It is not you who has been using me. It is I who has been using you." Richter grabbed Cordelia by the waist and dipped her down to the ground, but held her body up a little and had his fangs appear ready to bite her neck, until a familiar voice interrupted him.

"Hey, you!"

My fellow otaku's, your boii Ayato has finally arrived! 🙌

Damn, Oreo hasn't shown his ass since chapter 19, and he just casually enters the room like a freakin' boss! "Would the both of you just shut the hell up? She belongs to me. Don't touch her without my say-so!"

"The ship is finally sailing!~" Emiko squealed in excitement.

Natsumi laughed a little while everyone else sweat-dropped. "Technically, he just needs to actually confess to Yui herself before making the ship official."

Suddenly, Richter grabbed a sword that was sitting amongst a collection of various other swords and started making random swings at Ayato, looking very pissed. "Do not interfere!"