Chapter 8

Before they knew it they were waiting to find out who's going to be in the cup.

"Sit down, please. Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection!" Dumbledore said.

Then he took out his hands and put them on top of the cup. Then a piece of paper appeared and he caught it.

"The Beauxbatons champion is, Fleur Delacour!"

Everyone started clapping and cheering while she shook hands with Dumbledore.

Then the next one came. "The Durmstrang champion is, Viktor Krum!"

Everyone started clapping again and he did the same thing Fleur did.

A few seconds later the third paper came. "The Hogwarts champion is, Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone, especially his fellow Hufflpuff's clapped for him and just like Fleur and Viktor he shook hands and left.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one person will win. Only one person will host, the tri-wizard cup!"

Suddenly the cup went off again and another paper appeared and he caught it.

"Harriet Potter." he muttered. Then he looked up."Harriet Potter?"

"No, no." Hagrid said shaking his head.

"HARRIET POTTER!"

"Come on Harriet. Harriet for goodness sake!" Hermione said and pushed her forward.

She slowly walked towards him. Ron stared at her in anger.

"She's a cheat!" someone said.

"Not even seventeen yet!" someone else said.

Dumbledore handed her the paper and she headed to where the other champions went. On her way there McGonagall put a hand on her shoulder.

When she got there the other three looked at her confused.

"Harriet Potter! Harriet Potter!" someone said.

Dumbledore came and pushed her backwards. "Harriet! Did you put your name in the goblet?"

"No sir!"

"Did you ask an older one to do it for you?"

"No sir!"

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Y-yes sir."

"But of course she is lying!" Madam Maxime said.

"The goblet of is a powerful object filled with very powerful magic. Magic way beyond a fourth year!" Moody said.

"You seem to have a lot of thought about this thing, Mad-eye." Igor said.

"It was once my job to think like Dark wizards do Karkaroff, perhaps you remember." Moody said.

"It doesn't help Alastor. It's up to you Barty." Dumbledore said.

"The rules are operant, Ms. Potter has no choice. She is, as of tonight, a tri-wizard champion."

After that they had them go to their common room and the teachers go to Dumbledore's office.

When they got to Dumbledore's office they were sitting there thinking.

"This can't go on Albus. First the Dark Mark, now this?" McGonagall said.

"What do you suggest Minerva?" he asked.

"Put an end to it! Don't let Potter compete!" she said.

"You heard Barty the rules are clear." he said.

"The devil will party. Since when do you accommodate them?" she said.

"Must I to agree with Barty, let her do it." Snape said.

"What? Do nothing, offer her up as bate? Potter is a girl, not a piece of meat!" she said.

"I agree, with Severus. To forget what happened all you have to do is, cast them away." He took out his memory of Harriet being selected while Minerva raised her hands in defeat.

Back at Gryffindor common room,

"How'd you do it?" Ron asked catching everyone's attention. "Never mind. Why let your best friend know."

"Let you know what?" she said.

"You're a bloody werewolf."

She walked over to him.

"I didn't ask for this to happen Ron. You're being stupid."

"Yeah that's right, Harriet Potter's stupid friend."

"I didn't put my name in that cup. I don't want eternal glory. I just want to be, look, I don't know what happened here and I don't know why."

"Pit off." he said as he started to leave.

She shut her eyes tightly fighting the tears. Neville walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Just ignore him. He'll come around." She looked at him and nodded.