Chapter 13

While people were looking for dates Ron and Harriet were talking to each other.

"Why do you all have to travel in, packs? I mean how am I supposed to ask one?" Ron said.

While they were walking people were looking at Harriet.

"Bloody hell Harriet, you splayed dragons. If you can't get a date who can?" he asked.

"Think I'd rather take a dragon right now." she said.

Later that day they were doing their homework.

"This is mad. Neither of us has a date to the ball." Ron said.

Then he was sent something and caught it. 'Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone.'

He turned around. "Who are you going with then?"

Fred put a ball of paper and threw it at someone. She looked at him.

'You, go to the ball with me?' he mouthed.

"Oh, yeah." she whispered.

He turned around and winked at him. Then Ron turned around and looked at Hermione.

"Uh Hermione, you're a girl."

"When I last spotted." she said.

"You wanna dance-"

Harriet kept tapping his shoulder. Then they were both hit by a notebook by Snape.

"I can understand a boy not going but a girl, that's just sad." Harriet stared at him.

"I won't be going alone because someone already asked me." Hermione said.

She went and gave Snape her notes and then picked up her other things.

"And I said yes!"

Then Ron looked over at Harriet. "How about this, when we both get to the common room we both have partners. Agreed?"

Snape pulled up his sleeves a bit.

"Agreed."

Then they were hit by Snape.

When it was nighttime Hermione and Harriet were in the common room when they heard something.

"It's ok Ron, it doesn't matter." Ginny said.

"What happened to you?" Hermione asked.

"He just asked Fleur Declare out." she said.

"What?!" they said together.

"What'd she say?" Harriet asked.

"No of course!" He shook his head. "She said yes!" Hermione said covering her mouth.

"Don't be silly. All I did was see her walking by. And now I like it when she walks. Then it sorta slipped out." he said.

"Actually, he sorta screamed at her. It was a bit frightening." Ginny said.

"What happened then?" Harriet asked.

"What else? I ran for it." he said.

After the chat they had they started to go to bed. Neville was looking at Harriet and thinking. Then he finally decided to do it.

So he walked over to Harriet and took a deep breath.

"Um, hi Harriet."

"Oh, hi Neville. What's up?" she asked.

"I was just wondering, would you go to the Yule Ball with me?" he waited for an answer.

She smiled.

"Sure."

He smiled back.

"Thanks. Night."

"Night Neville."

When she got to bed she laid there thinking.

'At least Neville's on my side more than anyone else.'