Chapter 14

Harriet and Neville spent a lot of time with each other and he was with Ron and Hermione to.

She was just standing looking out a window thinking when she heard someone.

"Hey Potter!" Cedric called.

She looked up and saw him coming.

"Cedric." she said back.

"How, how are you?" he said.

"Spectacular." she said back.

"Hey I never got the chance to thank you for telling me about the dragon."

"Forget about it. You probably would've done the same for me."

"Exactly, you know the prefects bathroom? It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and, lower things over at the hot water."

She nodded and then went to the common room to get the egg.

When she got to the bathroom she turned on the water and set her egg next to her.

She looked at it. "I must be out of my mind."

Then she turned it open and it started to screech. She yelled back and then covered it again.

"I'm definitely out of my mind." Suddenly she heard something.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you." someone said.

"Myrtle!" she said shocked.

"Hello Harriet. Long time no see." Myrtle said and jumped out of the water. "I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of Polyjuice potion. Not being a bad girl again are you Harriet?"

"Polyjuice potion? Keep it a habit. Myrtle did you say try putting it in the water?"

"That's what he did. The handsome one, Cedric."

She took the egg out again and put it in the water. She looked at Myrtle.

"Well go on, open it." she said.

So she unlocked it and took a deep breath. Then went underwater to listen.

'Come seeker where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look to recover what we took.'

Then she just up again and coughing. "Myrtle, there aren't merpeople in the Black Lake, are there?"

"Oh, very good. It took Cedric ages to figure it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone." Myrtle said.

Then she sat next to Harriet who just sat there and thought.

The next day Harriet sat there thinking and not eating breakfast.

Neville was on his way to eat when he saw the look on Harriet's face and sped up.

When he got there he stood next to her.

"Harriet? Are you OK?" Neville asked.

She snapped out of it. "Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine."

He looked at her not convinced. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." she said again.

"I've known you for four years. What's wrong?"

She sighed. "The next tournament is in the Black Lake. I have to find a way to swim under water for an hour. And," she looked around.

"And what?"

"Can you keep a secret?" He nodded. "I don't know how to swim."

"WHAT?!" he said shocked.