This Can't Be Love

I am so so sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out! I've been working on fixing my grades and it's testing season, but since it's officially summer I will have a lot more time!

I pressed my face further into the warm, firm surface it was ready resting on, a warm haze filling my body. The haze of sleep still loomed over me. I blinked slowly, my squished cheek making it somewhat hard. I nuzzled into this surface, finding it somewhat comforting. I felt something wrap around my waist, startling me, but not too much. I pulled away from this surface slightly, my eyes meeting with a greyish-yellow pair. I felt calm, a little too calm. Never mind, maybe calm isn't the word? I felt a buzzing sensation grow in my stomach, crawling into my chest and putting a lump in my throat. Is this love? No, it couldn't be. I've known him for years, he could never be more than a friend to me.

"You look really pretty when you think no one paying attention to you." Rin softly spoke. He placed a thumb on my cheek yet I didn't say a word. All I could do was look up at him as my heart pounded through my ribs. No..this isn't right. It couldn't be right. I could never fall in love with him!

"Um.." I swallowed hard, "Thanks."

He brushed my hair out of my face as his other thumb rubbed circles in my exposed back. I felt my breath hitch in my chest, my nerves getting the best of me. I wasn't sure what he was thinking, but I sat and watched as his eyes dilated when he looked into mine.

He pulled me in further to his chest, wrapping both arms around me in a tight embrace, "I....I think I'm in love with you.."

I pulled back, examining his face to make sure he was serious, "W-what?"

He started to close the distance between us. His hot breath made waves across my face, "I said, I'm in love with you."

I pushed his hands off of my waist, "NO!" I shouted, springing out of bed and grabbing my articles of clothing one by one, "You can't be in love with me! It's just the after-effects of sex!"

"(Y/N) please I didn't mean to scare you just turn me down and we can stay friends!!" He pleaded, grabbing onto my wrist, but I didn't listen.

I slid on my undergarments, dragging my jeans over my thighs. I grabbed my shirt and my shoes, in too much of a hurry to put either on. I banged on Yuki's door, her head popping out quickly but I could tell she still wasn't dressed, "I need to borrow your car, ill come pick you up in the morning and we can talk okay?"

Without a word she handed me the keys, giving me a reassuring smile before shooing me off. I could hear Rin calling me from down the hall but by the time he swung out of the door I was already booking it to the garage. I smacked my palm against the button, slowly sending the garage door open, I closed the door behind me, hearing footsteps on the other side, I slit across the hood of her father's car, her mother never drove, and pulled open the driver's side door of Yuki's white Ferrari. I took a deep breath, praying I wouldn't scratch this thing on the way out. The door leading into the house opened as I threw the car in reverse, speeding down the driveway and into the street. Yuki lived a good distance from my house so I wasn't worried about him following me. About five minutes into my trip I pulled over, slipping my shirt over my head and pulling my black chucks past my heels. I rested my head on the steering wheel, mentally preparing myself for another 12-minute drive and to be ridiculed by my parents. I took the car out of park, flicking on my turn signal and entering the lane again. I turned off the radio, my brain too scattered to think straight with any kind of backup noise. I zoned out for most of my drive, knowing how to get home from one of my best friend's houses was like a bird knowing how to fly, it takes no concentration at all. I pulled into my driveway, my mother ripping open the front door.