chapter nine

BET

"why are we even here?" el frowns, sitting down at the bleachers.

"because mike told us to come to his game." will says.

"yeah why are we here. it's fucking boring as hell." max grumbles.

"yeah, and it's not like he'll win." el giggles quietly.

"don't let mike hear you, he'll go crazy." lucas says.

"i'm just saying the truth. he definitely doesn't look like he can play." she says.

"oh he can, trust me." he says as she plays with the ends of her skirt.

"i should've worn a shirt." she mutters, leaning against will.

"um duh, who wears a tank top to a game?" he asks.

"you tricked me into coming here! it's your fault!" she shoves him lightly.

"because i knew you wouldn't come." he says as she rolls her eyes, "whatever, i'm getting a drink from the vending machine. the game isn't even starting yet."

"want me to come with you?" he asks.

"it's fine. i'll be back soon." she says, hoping off the bleachers and walks down to the vending machines.

"coke, coke, coke." she mutters to herself as she finds the button and presses it.

she puts her quarters in and grabs her coke as it slides down to her.

"wow, el hopper made it in a really revealing tank." someone says behind her as she rolls her eyes immediately, knowing who it was.

"don't you have a game to prep for?" she asks, turning around and sips her coke.

"captains don't need to prep." mike grins.

"it looked like you did." she says as he chuckles, "hmm, funny."

"and my top is not revealing for your information." she says as he eyes her up and down, "it is. i can see your bra."

"well then what colour is it?" she crosses her arms with a smirk.

"black lace. guessing you have a matching thong or underwear?" he grins.

she turns deep red and shakes her head, "asshole."

"what? am i correct?" he asks.

"i wouldn't tell you." she flashes him a fake smile, "hope you don't cry when you lose."

"i won't lose, sweetheart." he says.

"oh yeah? wanna bet?" she smirks.

"oh yeah. what'll i get if i win... which i will?" he asks.

"if i win, you get to let me draw you as anything i want and be a model for me. if you win... well what do you want?" she asks.