chapter twenty-six

HEALING

"fuck, you look so good. i'm so glad you made it." mike smiles, giving el a quick kiss as she nods, "of course i did, i promised. and my outfit does look great, thank you."

he looks her up and down and licks his lips, "by far my favourite outfit."

//

[ el's outfit ]

[ el's outfit ]

//

"thank you. now go train, captain." she pokes his cheek as he chuckles, "i don't need training, sweetheart."

"okay then."

"the games about to start though so i actually need to go. give me a good luck kiss, baby." he pouts as she giggles, leaning in to kiss him slowly.

"go win now." she smiles as he nods, "go sit with will, i don't like those guys looking at you like that."

"what guys?" she asks, looking around as he points to the opponent team.

she laughs, "okay, mr-jealous. i'll go." she waves at him as he smiles widely and watches her walk up the bleachers.

running back to the field, he kneels back with the team as el sits down next to will and max who had nachos in their hands.

"got you one when you were smooching with wheeler." max says, handing el a little plate.

"we weren't smooching but thank you." she lets out a small giggle and eats the nachos.

"you were." will cuts in.

"like you weren't smooching yesterday." she mocks him as he gasps, punching her arm lightly.

she laughs, "i'm sorry, i'm sorry."

"you think they're gonna win?" lucas asks, sitting down with dustin as el nods.

"same because mike looks like he's out to kill for some reason." dustin points with a snort.

"why? he was very calm just now." el mutters as they laugh, "he's never calm." lucas informs.

"what?"

"yeah, he tackled a guy once." max says, "isn't that the point of football?" el asks.

"not the way mike plays." will says.

el's eyes widen a bit as a whistle blows and the game starts, "um, that didn't happen last time." she whispers as mike tackles someone.