chapter twenty-one

PLEASE, EL

"el, wake up!" mr clarke claps his hands besides el as she wakes up, "sorry." she apologises.

"just stay with us." he smiles at her before walking back to the front.

truth was, she didn't sleep at all last night. she hasn't slept at all all week actually but with all the nightmares, it was hard.

even sleeping pills wasn't working.

"okay. class dismissed, remember the homework is pages 1-6!" mr clarke exclaims as el packs up her stuff.

she walks out of the classroom, taking a sip out of her starbucks in hopes of waking herself up more so she won't fall asleep in class again.

"hi el." kylie walks up to her.

"hi." el responds, focusing on her way to her next class.

"so you know last week-"

"kylie." el snaps, taking a deep breath since she couldn't take it anymore. all kylie does is annoy her and tells everyone how mike chose her.

"i really don't care about why you're so obsessed with me and why you love to tell everyone that mike used you once and then left you. we all know what he does so shut the fuck up and get away from me before i punch you square in the face and then you won't be able to use that pretty face to get any type of advantages." el shoots her a glare.

"he did not use me." kylie scoffs, crossing her arms as everyone in the halls stop to watch them.

"well then i wonder where the fuck he is!?" el exclaims sarcastically before looking up to meet mikes gaze.

she scoffs under her breath and pushes past kylies shoulder to walk away.

"el..." mike whispers, grabbing her arm as she passes by as she shakes it off, "don't touch me, okay?" she warns before disappearing down the hall.

//

"you fucking bitch!" max smashes bethanys face into the cafeteria floor as the party sits back and watches as they throw food into their mouths.

"get her, babe!" lucas cheers.

"you do not speak bad about me, my boyfriend or my best friend!" max shouts as they continue to fight.

"should we stop this?" el whispers to will.

"we shouldn't." mike cuts in, "this shit is funny."

"i wasn't asking you but okay." she mutters as will laughs.

"oh shit, max you broke her nose. stop." lucas says as max stops, "fuck off now." she shoves her as bethany hurried away.

"is your hand alright?" el asks as max shrugs, "it's nothing. the fucking skank deserved it."

"all she did was say a few bad words and you beat the living shit out of her." dustin laughs as el does so as well, "right."

"she talked bad about you, el. and lucas and me. she deserves a good punch." max says.

"what's a few bad words." el shrugs, "it really doesn't matter."

"well it matters to me and that's final. i'm going to get pudding, who wants?" she asks, standing up as dustin quickly speaks up.

"i'm not paying for you, you eat to much. just come with." max laughs as they walk off.

"i'm going to get a coke then. want one?" el turns to will as he nods.

she smiles, "i'll be right back, stay here." she fishes out a few quarters and skips out of the cafeteria.

reaching the vending machine, she happily inserts the quarters into the slot and presses onto the coke as she waits for her drink.

"sweetheart." the familiar voice startles her as her turns around, "go away, mike." she grabs her drink and buys another drink.

"we need to talk. i need to explain." he says.

"there's nothing to talk about. it's final." she murmurs as she grabs the second drink.

"please just let me explain." he begs her, grabbing her arm as she shakes her head, "stop!"

"el, please." he whispers, staring straight into her eyes.

she shakes her head silently, "no.."

he sighs, grabbing her face gently and leans in to kiss her.

she closes her eyes as she feels his soft lips against hers and for a second, just a small second, she wanted to put everything aside and just have him forever.

but she knew that wouldn't work.

she knew she couldn't do that.

so she pushes him away with her hand and walks past him without a word.

//

a/n: pls don't hate me for the short chaps. i legit have no idea what to write to fill in the gaps between the big 'plots' i want to write.

broken souls of blame | milevenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara