chapter nineteen

YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FEELINGS

"morning, sweetheart." mike smiles as el shuts her locker, "morning, aren't you cheery this morning."

"well my sisters are back, who wouldn't be?" he asks as she smiles widely, "that's amazing, mike."

"all thanks to you." he kisses the top of her head quickly, "so i got you coffee." he hands her the plastic cup, "why, thank you."

"anyways, how did you sleep last night?" he asks as they start to walk down the hall.

"terrible." she mutters.

"why?" he asks as she gives him a look. he nods, "oh. nightmares."

"yep. what class do you have first?" she switches the subject, "stupid mother fucking math. you?"

"science." she tells him as he nods.

"here's my stop, see you in english." she sips on her coffee with a wave as he nods.

he then pecks her lips quickly, making her shove him away, "mike!"

he laughs, running away as she rolls her eyes, walking into the classroom.

//

"shh! we're in the library!" el tries her best not to laugh as mike keeps distracting her, "i'm trying to read."

"oh come on, we can do something more fun than that." he lays down on her lap as she moves the book away for him.

"and what would that be?" she removes some of his curls from his face as he grins up at her.

"it's dirty, isn't it?" she asks, unamused as he laughs with a nod.

"get away from me." she pushes him off of her lap as he lands on the floor with a groan.

she laughs at him as he scoffs, sitting up straighter.

"don't you have training soon?" she asks, "i do but it's in 20 minutes." he says.

"then shouldn't you get going? you don't want to be late, do you?" she asks.

"i won't. i run fast."

"mhm, sure." she teases as he raises his eyebrows at her, "i do run fast."

"never said you didn't." she shrugs softly.

"are we still going out after my training?" he asks as she nods, "are we not?"

"of course we are, i just wanted to make sure." he says quietly.

she pokes his temple, "you idiot. of course we are."

he chuckles, "good. i'll pick you up."

"yeah, duh! now it's time for you to go to training so shoo!" she shoves him lightly as he laughs, standing up, "see you later, sweetheart."

"see you, cliche boy." she waves as he leans down to kiss the top of her head, "goodbye kiss." he tells her as she smiles whilst he walks off.

she then puts her book away into her bag and makes her way out of the library to go home and get ready.

"and where the fuck were you?" will asks as she reaches the outside of the school, "skipping class." she answers and gets into the car.

"hi joyce." el smiles.

"why were you skipping class? who did you skip with?" will asks.

"mike? we were at the library and i'm hanging out with him tonight... after his training is over." she tells them.

"you've been spending a lot of time with mike lately." joyce points out.

"yes and?" she asks.

"do you like him? don't tell me you like him." will says.

"and what if i do? you're acting as if it's the biggest thing in the world." she rolls her eyes.

"mike is a fuckboy! you can't possibly like him!" he exclaims.

"well we're friends." she states.

"yes, friends that i have seen kiss countless of times." he says in a sarcastic tone.

"really?" joyce asks.

"it does not matter, okay? i just want to go home and finish my homework and take a quick nap." she sighs quietly.

"yeah but be honest, do you like him?" will asks.

"maybe? i don't know." she mutters.

"well what do you feel around him?" joyce cuts in.

"happy, there. i said it, i feel happy. now leave me alone, i don't want to talk about it." she crosses her arms and looks out the window.

"you can't escape feelings, el." joyce says softly.

"but i can." el says bluntly.

//

a/n: i'm getting lazy and desperate to write the chapters i wanna write so here's a filler lmao. anyways, i just had to write down el finally understanding her feelings so yeah 👍🏻