Chapter 1

"Dude, I don't really think it's a very good idea..."

"Come on. It can't be that bad, can it? I swear you'll find it fun!"

"But what if I don't?..."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes..."

"Then follow me."
__________
________

If you ever were to describe yourself, you'd say plain. Very simple and not too complicated. You didn't really like socializing and prefered indoor activities the most. Watching from afar was your speciality and you had done so for as long as you could remember. People or large crowds gave you anxiety. The fact that everyone could think and act freely like you made you feel uncomfortable for a very unknown reason. The unknown itself was scary to you so you really prefered staying by yourself when you had the chance to. You could endure a little crowd once in a while, but not for too long, and no interactions please.

When students at your school come to talk to you for various reasons, you freeze and your heart stops for a brief second as if scared of fucking up. Let's not forget when the teachers call out for you in the middle of class or ask you to stay after the bell. Worst feeling in the world. It almost gave you shivers just thinking about it.

But you had eventually found out about a sport that could be practiced solo and without the help of anyone. Skateboarding. It had never really peaked your interest to do sports or even go out for that matter. There were just too many risks and possibilities that could lead to bad outcomes. You could fall, trip, hurt yourself, embarrass yourself, socialize and many more bad things could come out of it.

Your mother had insisted that you at least gave it a try and if you really didn't like it, you could just quit it. But she didn't want you to say that you didn't like it if you hadn't really tried it. She believed that you could find something that could get you out the house and discover new things while you enjoyed it as well. Everyone around you had a typical friend circle and went outside to take fresh air with them. Your mother was worried that you'd spend the rest of your teenage years in the house without seeing the beauty that was outside. 13 and no one to hang out with or share your conversations with.

She was always working and your father as well so neither of them could really afford making time for you, she found it sad that she had to come home late at night and see you playing on your phone in your room on your lonesome self. So for your 14th birthday she had bought you, your very first skateboard. You had been extremely confused and wondered what exactly she had wanted you to do with it. Only for her to answer you with "Your father and I think that it would be best for you to try an outdoor activity. It could be good for your health. We really only want the best for you.'The best for me? Yeah right.' You thought to yourself. You weren't going to go outside even if your parents had bought you a skateboard.

Well truth be told, you had ate those thoughts back when your parents had forcefully kicked you out the house one weekend and told you that if they saw you inside before dusk, they would confiscate your phone. So it's safe to say that you hadn't had a single word to say about it. Knowing that you really didn't have the choice in the situation, you had brought with a grumble, the unused plank of wood in your hands into the backyard to give it a little try, knowing that some people could see you. You prefered falling on your ass without an audience.

And weirdly enough you hadn't hated the experience. It wasn't the most fun thing to do, considering you were not the best at it and were still learning, but it was better than you had thought. The racking of the wheels on the pavement and the chirping of the outside world was quite relaxing and...exciting?.. Unknowingly, you had spent a lot more time than what you had inticipated spending on the board. It was pride boosting when you managed to roll from one point to another in the backyard without falling. And at the end of the day...you actually had fun.