Chapter 7

"L-look kid. I don't really know if this is a good idea, I just...it's been a while and I don't want to make this a regular so..." you whinced, rubbing your nape and looking away from his watchful eyes. They had been so intense that it made you almost intimidated.

"Don't even think about it, Y/N. He's in a totally different class." Reki warned, seeing your hesitation at the younger's invitation. He could feel the doubt radiating off of you from where he had been standing next to the counter.

"Y/N? So that's your name, huh? Well then, Y/N. I can't hide that I'm very disappointed for the outcome of our meeting. I expected more from the first woman to ever win against Shadow, but meh, who was I kidding? I can't really expect you to not be scared after your first beef at "S" with a well known figure." Miya shrugged, turning around to mask his grin, seeing his plan at getting on your nerves work with perfection. Your brows furrowed in irritation and your mouth fell open like a fish's. "But that's okay, I'll just manage with the other one, I guess. Don't want you getting hurt."

That had been the last straw.

"The hell do you mean by that?! Oh! Cause you wanna fucking go, Junior?!" You yelled, rolling up your sleeves in anger. Your face contorted in anger, ready to beat the arrogant kid up, but before you could stomp your way toards Miya who smirked over his shoulder, Reki had ran to you and held you back from unleashing your anger out on him.

"Yes, I wanna beef. That's what I came here for." Miya shrugged casually, turning back to you as you put your arms back down in frustration after Reki had layed his hands on each sides of your forearm, forcing them down. You huffed and scowled at him.

"Fine. Count me in." You grumbled, not moving your deathly glare from him. Reki shouted a "What?!" Flabbergasted by your sudden change of mind. He couldn't believe that you, out of all people would let a middle schooler get to you. Your glare sharpened and you pointed a straight finger right above the raven haired boy's nose who kept a smug smirk on his face in triomph.

"But I swear, you better respect the conditions to the beef. I was forced into the last one and I won't let that happen again." You warned lowly as he kept the same face all the while. He had deducted that you were in fact interesting and he definitely would not let the opportunity to see more of you slip.

"Alright, Admiral. Happy that we could come to an agreement." He said, turning back around to walk towards Langa who stood, still confused as hell. On your head, had appeared a tick mark, indicating your visible irritation by the nickname.

"Stop calling me that! What is the purpose!?" You asked, turning to Reki who shrugged his shoulders, having no idea what the kid had been calling you that for.

"You. I heard you're actually a snowboarder, is that right? Very fascinating." Miya said, walking his hands behind his back towards Langa."I'd love to see how you managed to beat Shadow."

"I...don't know if I could do it again...or even do it on my own." Langa mumbled, his eyes finding yours. You had helped him gain some speed during the race, there was so denying that. But if you were going to beef against Miya then he'd follow you, trusting your good judgement."I accept."

"Hey, slow down a minute, you two!" Reki shouted, putting a hand on your shoulder."Langa, don't get cocky just because you nailed an Ollie! This is a hardcore professional."

"I'm in." Langa confirmed, a determined expression adorning his face. You sighed as Reki jumped in front of him on hopes to change his mind."Really?!"

"Once this dude's mind is settled on something, he really doesn't let up, huh?" You said as Oka nodded in agreement. You could officially say that Langa was a blunt and very straightforward guy. No matter what you'd say, he wouldn't change his mind for a thing.