Chapter 6

"He's making it to the left-oop! He's making it to the right! And there the professional snowboarder Langa Hasegawa goes! He doesn't hesitate to push his glare toards the enemy! He sees the obstacles in front of him and goes for it! Full of courage and determination, the man skates toards the goal ladies and gentlemen! This athlete, right here knows what he's doing! Yes he does! And his feet approach the barriers keeping him away from his ultimate goal! You will witness the first ollie, ladies and gents!" You yelled on the quarter pipe enthusiastically. Langa who listened to your narrater impressions, somehow really felt like a crowd had been watching him. The boy concentrated with all his might, pushing his foot on the ground while making the board go faster. He was going to jump over those water bottles.

"And champion snowboarder, goes yet again toards the offensive and strikes the enemy! As you can see here, he doesn't hesitate! Keeping the board still and advancing to the end! He's almost there people! One more dive for our champion athlete!! And!!!.......he bailed." You sighed, slumping down and facepalming when Langa tried to jump over the two bottles that you had neatly faced eachother, but lost control of the skateboard and fell on his side on the ground.

Reki hissed and walked toards Langa who held his ass in pain on the ground in a fetal position.

"Ouch, are you okay, dude?"

"I don't get it. O-Ollies aren't supposed to be difficult." Langa growned in a raspy voice, his face hidden away from view as he kept it toards the gravel.

"Aren't there ollies in snowboarding or is this new?" Reki asked as you slid down the quarter pipe, wearing your normal outdoor clothes.

"Yeah, they're are. But your feet are attached and your stance doesn't change so it's not something of advanced move. Even amateurs can pull it off. Since a skateboard doesn't attach, you have to get it to fly with you. It's totally different." Langa explained, his face still against the ground as you walked toards them. You went besides Reki and looked down at your friend who didn't make any efforts to get up. "Be honest with me, how long did it take you to get these down?"

"Who? Me? Hah! Two months!" Reki grinned, doing a piece signe with his fingers, all proud of himself. You just rolled your eyes, having heard him brag about his ollies a million times."But it's pretty good, considering most people take, like three."

"Three months?!"

"Yup! And Y/N, took even more!" The red head smirked as you casted him a nasty glare. This dude!

"That is not true! Langa don't listen to him! I just took my time since mastering an ollie wasn't my top priority!" You huffed, putting your hands in your pockets."Before I met Rek, I just thought about gliding around and enjoying myself without actually needing to know the whole stuff. Only he, changed my way of seeing things. Eventually, he came to teach me how to do one and then many more tricks and so on. So, no, an ollie was not my priority, but it did show me new grounds and let me see things in a different light." You explained as Reki grinned, taking you by the waist and bringing you close in a sign of affection and happiness.

"Three months and more!? Can't I be the one person who doesn't know how to do it?" Langa asked with discouragement lacing in his voice.

"Like, no ollie guy? I mean, that's fine if you don't want to compete." Reki slid his hand away from you, running it across your back before it eventually left and ran toards the quarter pipe, getting on top and placing his skateboard neatly on the edge.

"Ollies turn a board that glides into a board that flies! Once you can ollie, you can go wherever you want!" Reki cheered as he skated around the park, jumping higher and higher with his board. "It's a freaking revolution! A world of possibility! I mean, sure skateboarding is still fun without ollies, like Y/N said. But if you don't want to stay in the park with the kids, you gotta learn how to do it."