Chapter 5

(H/C)=Hair color
(S/C)=Skin color

You hummed with one of your earbuds in as Reki babbled about last night's race. You were beyond exhausted and you couldn't even concentrate well in class today. Not like you concentrated any other day anyway. You leaned against the side of the railing with your arms crossed behind your head as you sat on one of the many stairs, you guys had been occupying. Your boards were lined up on the wall to your left and the boys were down one or two steps from you.

You opened one of your eyes and brought down one of your arms to analyze the bandage Reki had put on you. You had scrapped your arm pretty badly and the alcohol Reki had poured on it had definitely hurt. Even if he had apologized a thousand times and massaged your sore back muscles for you afterwards, it didn't take away the entire pain. Of course you couldn't say no to the nice gesture, though. It was well needed.

The real tricky part was to explain to your mom and dad, how you had a bad nightmare, fell of your bed and sprained your arm while fighting the demons inside your dreams that were coming to devour you. Yeah...you were bad at coming up with last minute lies.

You glanced down at Reki to see him extend his arms in the air with stars glimmering in his eyes. Now, what was this idiot rambling about again that had gotten him so excited.

"I've never seen anyone skate like that in my life! How did you do that flipping trick in the end? Was that some kind of snowboarding thing? And Y/N! I didn't know you could fly! You were so gracious! So calm and beautiful! I hardly ever saw that! How had you remained so composed? You have to tell me!" Reki jumped in the air, flinging his arms everywhere and performed wild movements to show you just how excited he was. Yep, that was some Reki stuff, right there.

"Yeah. It was. It's called the Backside rodeo." Langa said, tapping his feet once again to the board that helped him defeat Shadow. You didn't even find it weird anymore. Just another thing to note about Langa.

'Keep the tape away from him at all times. Check.'

"And there you go again with the Hessay!" Reki cheered, making you squint your eyes at him. Question marks flew around you as you wondered what the hell he had just said.

"You mean Canada?"

"Meh. Canayda, Canada. Same thing." The red head grinned, patting his friend on the back. You snickered, putting your earbuds away.

"No, that's actually very much different. And to answer your previous question. I didn't fly, I just found a way to throw myself in the air and land properly, and second off, I actually have no idea how I stayed so calm and...zen with myself. It's like it was just totally natural. Like I had done this a million times already." You said, looking down at your palm and playing with a loose bandage string.

"Maybe, it's because you had finally taught your own body that the board didn't control you. You controled the board. Your body relaxed and you were capable of all those awesome things you did." Reki smiled, walking up a few steps toards you and crouching down on the step you had been sitting on so he could come face to face with you. "But there's only one thing that I want you to keep in mind, is that I'm really proud of you and you really impressed me out there. I never meant to underestimate you, I swear. It's just...I was scared and you know how I get when it comes to you. I know, I have overprotective tendencies and I'm working on them, but it's still something I'll have a hard time getting rid of." He bashfully admitted, looking away with a blush blossoming on his cheeks while rubbing his nape.

You cracked a smile and got closer to him.

"Hey, it's fine. Don't sweat it. I totally understand. I get scared when you're beefing too, so I know the feeling. I know you care a lot about me and I genuinely feel flattered that you do, but the past is in the past and the only thing we can do now is inticipate the futur. Okay? So don't you feel bad for being a bit over me. And besides, everything went smoothly in the end, am I right?" You giggled, patting Reki's wild hair, letting your fingers tangle in his locks gently, turning his whole insides to mush. He felt like melting in your touch. To just let you take all of him without needing to think it over.